is getting a blood transfusion in itself a DF offense?

by oompa 26 Replies latest jw friends

• oompa
    oompa

i know if you join the military it is considered that you have dissassociated yourself...but if you are in an accident and are given blood when you are unconcious...is that in itself reason for df? or what if you willingly accepted a blood transfusion? what if you do not show remorse or repentance or even refuse to meet with the elders?

I still dont know why they read the letter stating i am no longe a jw so i dont know if they consider it a df or a da. i have decided to meet with these guys just to find out why and to be a pain in their ass...i may tell them that if they do not recend the announcement that i am going to sue each brother on my committee personally for defamation of character...i might could drag it out and make them bleed money...i just wish they had left me the fluck alone!!!...............oompa

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

Sorry this is going on oompa...

To the best of my knowledge, they consider you DA'ed if you accept a blood transfusion. If you're unconscious, they may not because you had no say, however if they really want to stick it to you they might point out that you should have had your medical directive on you and this should have been in your medical records for your doctor to know. They may argue you should have taken more precautions in order to prevent such a travesty.

However, if you chose to willingly accept a transfusion of one of the four main components (read: no-no blood), then as far as I know from what I have read, they consider you DA'ed.

I personally would just let it go. They did what they did, what does it matter WHY? They are a cult and have their own deluded reasons for their actions.

As for legal action, well, what's done is done. Even if they took back the DF'ing/DA'ing and announced it, you'd still be treated like a social pariah because of the simple fact that the elders "went there"...so you must have done something pretty heinous in the eyes of the congregation to warrant such punishment, even if it is recanted after it was doled out. Defamation of character is important, but not really a big deal unless it has affected your job, your home, or your livelihood. For instance, the things I was accused of by my ex, if they were ever reported to police for investigation, I would have lost all and any means of supporting myself that I am currently certified for even though I am completely 100% innocent. THAT would have been a defamation of character suit (and might still be considering my livelihood was threatened).

Like I said, personally I would just let it go.

• Luo bou to
    Luo bou to

That for me is one of the most frustrating things about this cult They defame you your witness friends and family believe it and there is nothing you can do about it. For your own peace of mind As Morbidzbaby said "Let it go"

Or on second thoughts Oompa ...you could go and punch them in the face... Won't help your reputation but you may feel better

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

If you really want to pursue this, I would meet with the elders first to find out why they df'd you. Recording it would be helpful, so maybe you could just talk to one of those who were on the committee by phone, (as long as it's legal in your state to record phone calls). Then approach an attorney to get a legal opinon before threatening legal action. I've always had my suspicions that something is rotten in Denmark about the blood issue and df'ing since the new HIPPA laws took effect.

My husband went into full cardiac arrest last November 22 and was unconsious for three days. The CCU staff had me write a list of names and relationships of people who were allowed to be advised of his condition over the phone. As it turned out, they wouldn't even release information to his kids when they called. The nurses were even tight lipped with me when visitors were in the room!

Even if your wife shared medical information with the elders, I think HIPPA may provide some level of protection for you, but I'm not sure. My husband has never been a jw, but even if he was, I can't imagine a HLC being permitted anywhere near his hospital room. One other person and I were only allowed to visit for about an hour every four hours or so. I spent most of my days in the waiting room.

• oompa
    oompa

WHY matters to me because if they did not follow their stupid procedures they could be in trouble...and i would love that!!!

and the only reason i would give a fluck is that i am still married to a hardcore jw...as long as that is the case i will have jw overlap...especially with my parents and son. when i project forward i know that he will get married and have kids...and no i dont want to miss out on that. also it is not healthy for me and my wife to have TOTALLY separate social lives and that is what we would have for the next thirty years or so...that is one depressing thought for me as i am a very social person...but she is not.........oompa

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

If you can somehow document,you were DF`d for taking blood while you were unconcious..

You could probably nail their ass`s to the Barn Door..

Get a good Flesh Eating Lawyer..Bleed them for all the cash they are worth..

The WBT$ won`t get involved..

Those boys will be left,nailed to the Barn door..

..................... ...OUTLAW

• oompa
    oompa

YAY outlaw!...i needed that old friend!!............thanks man.....oomps

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime

They may CLAIM to consider it DA'ing yourself...

But I bet the process for 'retracting' that disassociation is exactly the same as the re-instatement process. Is this correct?

- Lime

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough

http://www.144000.110mb.com/directory/jehovahs_witnesses_beliefs_blood_transfusions.html

The Jehovah's Witnesses' beliefs regarding the prohibition of blood transfusions becomes all the more heinous when it comes to young children, many of whom have died in furtherance of their parents' misguided beliefs. The blood transfusion prohibition is astounding in light of Jeremiah 32:35 which provides in part, "They built high places to Baal in the Valley of Ben-hinnom, and immolated their sons and daughters to Molech, bringing sin upon Judah; this I never commanded them, nor did it even enter my mind that they should practice such abomination." Here, God instructs man NOT to cause a child to be killed as a form of sacrifice to God. Clearly, sacrificing a child by denying him or her a needed blood transfusion is no different. In no way does such a denial of blood and the child's resulting death please the Almighty. It never entered God's mind.

• nugget
    nugget

It may depend on what your wife has told them. If she said that you had given her instructions that in the event of an accident you would accept blood then they may take that as evidence of DA. However if this was the only witness against you then the 2 witness rule can be applied to say that there was not sufficient evidence. In addition if you argue that you gave your wife no such instruction then she could be da'd for allowing it to go ahead against your wishes. That would be ironic if the df'd your wife and left you in good standing.

Oompa I am sorry this has continued they really don't have any shame.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit