How to remain sane while being a hypocrite?

by Kensho 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sabastious
    sabastious

I have never read a post of yours until now, rebel8, and you have 7.4k posts. That's odd.

Hey how ya doin?

-Sab

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

Well, Kensho, in the end you'll know when your cup runneth over. Sooner or later the last straw will be piled on and break the proverbial camel's back. Let's just hope that it doesn't come at a significant cost to your sanity...

V665V665

• rebel8
    rebel8

I have never read a post of yours until now, rebel8, and you have 7.4k posts. That's odd.

ha ha, well that body of work was done over a 6-year period. I don't come here very often these days. Today I am wired from too much sugar so I'm trying to amuse myself until it wears off and I can go to bed.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    ha ha, well that body of work was done over a 6-year period. I don't come here very often these days. Today I am wired from too much sugar so I'm trying to amuse myself until it wears off and I can go to bed.

Have you succeeded?

-Sab

• satinka
    satinka

Kensho,

Welcome to the forum! One day, your soul will know it is time to leave the WT.

And you will.

satinka

• JonathanH
    JonathanH

I couldn't. I lasted for all of a few months after I realized I had been raised to believe in a cult. And those months drove me crazy.

• scooterspank
    scooterspank

"ever demanding push to report FS time which is totally unscriptual and it is just over the top for me."

My husband is in sales. When I hear him talk about his job, the business meetings, the numbers, the push to do more, more, more... it reminds me of field service. Back in the day it was how many people you talked to, how much literature left, how many return visits, blah, blah, blah......

On another note, here is one of many things that I believe pushed my father to resign as an elder and later fade out. I had two girlfriends growing up, sisters. Their mother and father divorced, he remarried, their mother was dfsd because it turned out she was a lesbian. They had shared custody. Well, he and his new wife decided they wanted to go to Bethel. So guess what this fine specimen of a JW did? He lied and said that he did not have children and left his daughters behind.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Even if you were able to work the doors alone, going out door to door as a jw is not just being a hypocrite but it is encouraging others to join a high control group that destroys people emotionally, physically, and financially.

This would be true if field service was effective.

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

As others have put it so wonderfully, you will know when it's time for you to leave. Your heart will tell you.

My breaking point came a couple of meetings after the last District Convention. Up to that point, I had been skipping a few Sunday meetings a month, and when I did go, I'd show up late (after the Public Talk and into part of the Watchtower study). I always used the excuse of needing to get something to eat cause I just got out of work (very true). But this one meeting...I just couldn't do it. I sat out in the lot and ate my lunch, went inside, and the Public Talk was still going on...I sat and listened for about 10 minutes and then got up and went outside. I became SO ANGRY at what was being said. It wasn't anything different than before, it was the same ol' same ol' business as usual talk. But this time I couldn't take it anymore. I stood outside in the scorching summer heat, looking out at the grass and flowers and knowing that I couldn't do this anymore. I calmed down, went back inside after about 45 minutes, sat in the foyer and feigned exhaustion from work. After the meeting, I went home, and soon after I donated all of my skirts to a local second-hand store. I was officially done.

I still have family in (a lot of family, in fact). I know once I leave here, I'll have minimal contact with my family, if any at all. And I'm in a place now where that's okay. That is THEIR choice, not mine.

I hope one day you can get to a place where your conscience and your heart are more important to you than superficial relationships. I learned quickly that family, no matter how loving they may seem, will turn on you once you denounce the org. This means their love is conditional. They don't know GENUINE love. And those people, while painful to walk away from, are not worth having in my life if they don't want to accept me for WHO I AM and not WHAT I BELIEVE.

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

you call it hypocrite, i call it actor.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit