Where Did You Think You Stood?

by Ding 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

I was in no doubt.....

No worries ... I was that Brainwashed...I never feared Death Knowing I was going to Live Forever!

Today....

Oh well... Death were is your Sting?

• Found Sheep
  • Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

I never once felt I would be petting any lions. Maybe when I was a little kid, but as I got older, nope. I did some things and thought some things that would have gotten me smote for sure (masturbation, anyone?), and I was so guilty over them and "not doing enough" that I just thought I'd be dead as a doornail. I feared Armageddon because it would mean my probable demise. No matter how many times I prayed and cried my heart out to "Jehovah" (even though I questioned that he even existed at all I prayed every once in awhile just in case), I never felt "right with god". I never felt good enough.

• Ding
    Ding

Found Sheep,

Could you elaborate? Why 0?

I'm not asking you to disclose anything embarrassing here. If it was because of some specific sins, please feel free to say "specific sins" or "repeated sins" or whatever.

Or was it more a sense of, "I just haven't done enough...," not enough FS, not enough inner love for Jehovah, what?

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

never felt good enough! guilt guilt guilt!

• nolongerwaiting
    nolongerwaiting

I never felt good enough either.

NLW's wife

• Ding
    Ding

Found Sheep,

So why did you keep going in the religion? Or is that what made you decide to get out?

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

that was all i knew.. one day i decided it was suicide or change everything about me life....

• Ding
    Ding

Wow! Sure glad you chose the "change everything" option!

That's a great lesson for anyone reading this who may be contemplating suicide: Don't do it!

Talk to someone.

Get some help...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit