Just saw with MY OWN eyes the JWs have THEIR OWN Bible!

by FollowedMyHeart 34 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

This is true, but the good news of God isn't about obtaining riches in this world or starting a new religion in competition with this good news of the kingdom, so what really would be the point?

You are on your way to destruction.

• Perry
    Perry

JEHOVAH BLED FOR US (But Freddie Franz didn't like that so he just changed the bible) :

Zech 12: 9,10 (Jehovah is speaking)

KJV - and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son

NASB - so that they will look on Me whom they have pierced; and they will mourn for Him, as one mourns for an only son

NIV - They will look on me, the one they have pierced, and they will mourn for him as one mourns for an only child and

NWT (Fred Franz) - they will certainly look to the One whom they pierced through, and they will certainly wail over Him as in the wailing over an only [son];

Acts 20: 28 (The Christian God bleeds)

KJV - feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood

NASB - shepherd the church of God which He purchased with His own blood

NIV - Be shepherds of the church of God, which he bought with his own blood

NWT (Fred Franz) - shepherd the congregation of God, which he purchased with the blood of his own [Son]

• WontLeave
    WontLeave

JEHOVAH BLED FOR US...Zech 12: 9,10

They will look at the one whom they stabbed to death - GNT

they see the one they pierced with a spear - CEV

when they look on me, on him whom they have pierced, they shall mourn for him - ESV

they look on him whom they have pierced - RSV

Here is an article about this passage which quotes many Jewish translations. It seems obvious to them that "Christians", trying to shove their messiah into the OT, have tampered with the wording. I think it's more likely that Trinitarians trying to shove their buy-1-get-2-free gods deal into the OT.

Acts 20: 28 (The Christian God bleeds)

which he has purchased with the blood of his own. - Darby

which he made his own through the blood of his Son. - GNT

which he obtained with the death of his own Son. - CEB

which he bought with the death of his own Son. - NCV

It is the flock that he bought with the blood of his own Son. - CEV

The really irritating part about this is that I took the time to post all the versions you quote mined around. If you have a valid argument, I'm the first to want to hear it. But, if you're just spewing propaganda - especially when you yourself know it's total BS - that's just annoying. It's painfully obvious you (or whatever desperate Trinitarian website you copy and pasted them from) sifted through many versions and discarded the ones that foiled this canard. Your post contributes nothing to the discussion, except a despicable attempt to mislead. Then, hypocritically, you refer to someone who "didn't like that so he just changed the bible".

• Aaron Eldridge
  • LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

I thought this was of interest from another thread talking about Abraham's almost sacrifice of Issac.

Then mention was made of Jepthath's daughter and what became of her.

There does seem to be a difference as the OP poster wrote as though "The Daughter", according to th NWT Bible gave her life to Temple duties and so mourned her virginity, because of no husband or children. And that her father, ripped his clothes, because of loss of grandchildren from her.

I think "mourning her virginity" for 2 months up in the hills with her available girlfriends, is polite speak for, "my Dad's gonna kill me. Please BFF help me wrap my head around this, because I live in old Bible times, God has just let Dear Old Dad, wipe 20 cities off the face of the Earth and now, I have to pay the price for the Piper". Then after 2 months, understanding she can't escape, he killed her and burnt her up. (Kind of like honor killings in Indian culture).

Thoughts?

Just Lois

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit