Why believing JWs should want to be annointed

by just n from bethel 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• willyloman
    willyloman

The longer I am away from the steady drumbeat at the KH, the more I realize that the "144,000 annointed" concept taught by JWs is a myth, like many of their other unique teachings. This is now being proven by the WTS' slow, steady drift away from the long-cherished 1935 deadline for inclusion as well as by the numerical increase of partakers at the Memorial in recent years.

It's becoming clear that the religion's founders sat down and discussed ways to be different from mainstream Christianity and came up with a list of dogma and began teaching it. This was just one of those. "We'll do heaven, but we'll change it!"

• Larsinger58
    Larsinger58

1935 is real. It is when the third-hour workers are recognized. These are told they would be paid "what is fair" and so presume it will not be the full day's wage, the "penny."

So the two-class system within the WTS is definitely Biblical. The only thing is, at the end of the work in 1991, ALL the workers are given the "penny." That's what is amazing! The other sheep are suddenly invited into the kingdom, those that are worthy.

The 144K are natural Jews who make up 1/10th of the kingdom (Isa 6:13). The other 90% are gentiles. The total number is 1,440,000. This is REAL!

The WTS' GB was officially disfellowshipped on November 10, 1992 by Jehovah.

• designs
    designs

1935 Chevy, very sweet ride

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits
    Larsinger: 1935 is real.

No, I'm sorry, that was a fake year. The Gregorian calendar actually jumps from 1934 to 1936 with no gaps in between.

[EDIT: Meh, I was being facetious because I didn't want to read your long-ass post and that sentence, taken out of context, is funny to me. Please continue your wildly speculative and erroneous judgment.]

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

JNFB, great OP. I especially love the new tagline.

Get your ass annointed.
  • Perry
    Perry

Designs,

I write unto you, little children, because your sins are forgiven you for his name's sake.....Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also. Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father. And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life.

These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you. But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him. - 1 John 2

ALL those that have their sins forgiven are annointed. That was the teaching "from the beginning" and it is the same teaching of Christianity now. Only those annointed of God have their sins forgiven because they are the only ones that trade their life for the life of Christ. That is the ONLY offer that is on the table from God. For all the rest, God is forced to exercise his role as Judge. It is his role as SAVIOR that is open to everyone who voluntarily bends the kneee to Jesus ALONE.

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

Perry, have you heard of the Westboro Baptist Church? You kinda remind me a little of a young Fred Phelps.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit