Why believing JWs should want to be annointed

by just n from bethel 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• just n from bethel
    just n from bethel

If you were a believing JW, especially born-in, you never really had the chance to determine if you had the heavenly or earthly hope. You were raised - or taught in bible/book study - that your hope was, unequivocally, to live forever on paradise earth. Period. End of story. Your parents never said - 'Johnny, there are two hopes - one to go to heaven and one to live on earth, when you are old enough and decide to get baptized, God will tell you which one is yours' -

nope, nothing ever like that -

It was 'Johhny, here is a picture of paradise - do you see yourself there, petting lions, etc.? Can you pick which one of these little boys is you in this picture? That's where your going.'

And if Johnny said ' But I want to go to heaven '

he was told 'That's too bad - God has already picked everyone for that - you were born too late. The slots are filled.' And that was the start of parents using religion to crush little Johhny's higher aspirations. It would continue on with things like not achieving in sports or education or arts or anything else that might be considered 'a higher hope'. The JWs were definitely grounded, but especially when it came to the heavenly hope not being up for grabs.

So the fun began - they then have to explain how the entire New Testament is written about Christians going to heaven, with exception of a couple of subtly & highly twisted interpretations of one or two scriptures. And of course, even though it was so obvious that Christians without limits were to go to heaven for their eternal reward, somehow, JWs found a way to convince people that most Christians would actually live on the earth forever. It was like they were mixing Ponce De Leon and the NT into a new idealogy. But really - though - the question is, WHY?

Because here's the interesting thing: If you're annointed and one of the lucky growing 144k, then you got yourself a free pass to skip the great tribulation, Armageddon, and the final end-of-the-thousand-year-test. You get a nice get-out-of-jail free card. This is nice becuase the JW teaching, is - once you make it to heaven, you're set - sealed and immortal. No more tests for you. JW earthly hopers though - not so lucky - two major tests to pass - and the prophecies say that, statistically speaking, they likely won't make it. 'A third of the earth' 'Like the Sands of the Sea' and so forth go on to explain the destiny of most of men alive during the big 2 tests on earth.

Yep - If you're a JW reading this, why not take some of the fear and frustration out of your life - always wondering and being reminded of whether or not you'll Survive god's judgement (twice) as so often hyped at in meetings and assemblies. So I say, drink up - take the safe way to everlasting life. Don't spend time worrying about what's going to happen to you and your family at the Big A or the Next Big A after the first one - skip them all together. Get your ass annointed. In the meantime, you get a free drink once a year - at the kingdom hall - of all places. Then when you're in heaven, watching all those token weak JWs with the earthly hope get killed for failing their tests in the Big A, you can sigh a big breath of relief - knowing that it could've been you. But instead - you decided to let your invisible buddy Jesus take you on up to heaven, bypassing altogether the greatest tribulation ever known to man. Trust me, you won't be sorry you missed it.

• designs
    designs

What does it matter if everyone ends up on earth anyway.....

• just n from bethel
    just n from bethel

What does it matter if everyone ends up on earth anyway.....

I'm not sure I follow you.

1) In case it wasn't obvious - it was my attempt at some memorial season satire.

2) For real though, if you do mean everyone, like everyone who has ever lived in the hundreds of thousands of years of human history - with no population control? Seriously - you think that would work out perfectly? I mean I guess if the Jewish Christian God was the One that could intervene - earth or heaven - wouldn't matter. But if you're going to write a book about living on earth - or wait - going to heaven - or whatever - then at least be bit less ambiguous if you want people to buy it.

• designs
    designs

It was just a little jab at the 'heaven only' crowd, when common Jewish and even Christian theology talks about the return to mama earth.

• just n from bethel
    just n from bethel

Gotcha. I'm right there with you. Now let's debate over unicorns.

• Perry
    Perry
    But if you're going to write a book about living on earth - or wait - going to heaven - or whatever - then at least be bit less ambiguous if you want people to buy it.

I think God is very clear. There is nothing wrong with peoples' ears either.

BTW, many of the annointed left the Watchtower so that they could get themselves annointed. I hear it is highly reccommended. Biblically, only the annointed have their sins forgiven.

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

Cheers, Len.

• Leto
    Leto

Where in the bible does it ever say that a heavenly destination is LIMITED to only 144k? I still haven't found any scriptural evidence to support the JW doctrine on this.

• Larsinger58
    Larsinger58

OK. Guess I have to write a new post on it. But very astute observations, but incorrect.

#1 ALL of the "other sheep" are invited into the anointed class if they wanted to be!!! That's the main point. God didn't discriminate against you just because of bad timing.

Your reference here is the parable of the "vineyard workers." This parable confirms the two-class system that would exist within the WTS. That is that the first workers coming to work were told in advance they would get the "penny" which represented the heavenly hope. Workers from the third hour onward were not told in advance what they would get, BUT... when the work was done all the workers, starting with the last to thefirst got the same thing, the penny!

Just a brief explanation for context: Now, a half hour is 42 months, 3.5 years. So an hour is 7 years. So the 11 hours of work is 77 years. 77 years of work from 1914 to 1991. The third hour workers start showing up after 21 years, thus in 1935!

1914 + 21 = 1935

As you very well know, it was in 1935 that the official earthly class was recognized officially within the organization.

But, of course, lots of disappointments if you follow false Watchtower teachings too closely without following the Bible. If you followed the Bible closely, sometime after 1991, when holy spirit started calling the other sheep, you would have been "inspired" to understand this parable and understand that all the workers get invited in the end to go to heaven, and that the first-hour workers, the original anointed, are not told about this until the last minute, at which point they murmur against the later workers. Too bad. They still get their penny though. They were faithful in their work, but generally, they don't like it. Thus they end up being "last" in the kingdom. "The last shall b first and the first last."

See?

So a little underscore here. The emotional issue: THE "OTHER SHEEP" ALL GET INVITED TO BE ANOINTED AFTER 1991, THAT IS, IF THEY ARE ACTUALLY PAYING ATTENTION! THUS PROVING THEMSELVES WORTHY.

In the meantime, another parable, the one about the "10 virgins", which is also about the anointed among JWs, shows that only half of them get into the kingdom! Only five are truly "wise virgins." The others miss out. So it gets complicated. Anyway, that's one false teaching out of the way. That means that after 1991 and until Armageddon actually begins if you think you feel like you're being called by holy spirit, then you probably are! So you have to understand to answer that call! Christ comes and knocks on the door. You're awake and hear the knock, but you've got to get up, turn off "American Idol" and answer the door and let him in!!!

OKAY. So that is false teaching #1. But you need to know about a couple of other false presumptions.

#2. Read the Bible! It clearly notes that no one goes to heaven ahead of any others. Allow me:

1 Thessalonians 4: 15 " For this is what we tell YOU by the Lord's word, that we the living who survive to the presence of the Lord shall in no way precede those who have fallen asleep [in death]; 16 because the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a commanding call, with an archangel’s voice and with God’s trumpet, and those who are dead in union with Christ will rise first. 17 Afterward we the living who are surviving will, together with them, be caught away in clouds to meet the Lord in the air; and thus we shall always be with [the] Lord."

Meaning? Meaning ther is nobody up in heaven! Nobody goes to heaven until after the milllennium and after Judgment Day, which follows the millennium. When those of the first resurrection come back, they come back in physical bodies to rule with Christ on the earth for 1000 years and then are judges of mankind and the 12 tribes of Israel who come back in the second resurrection. Christ returns in the flesh at the second coming. He returnsa second time to be a human because there is a lot of work to be done to save others!

So are you really sure you want to be of the anointed? There is a lot of self-sacrificing work to be done! 1000 years' worth right here on the earth with Jesus. Of course, you get your crown and heavenly reward after Judgmet Day, nothing for a human nor angel tops that. But still, there was a hint of some laziness, focussing on avoiding two tribulations and tests. You are halfway right about the tests, but the "elect" have their own test and they must be faithful until death. So as the Bible says, unless you are willing to let go of this life completely, you can't get it back in the kingdom' reward. If you try to hold onto this life, then you will lose your life. So you might get out of those two general trials, on at Armgeddon and one after the millennium when Satan is let loose, but the testing with fire of the elect is the ultimate test. Are you one who can pass it? Many fail. The standards are quite high.

FALLACY #3. Finally, just in passing, everybody is not going heaven. Everybody can't be a king-priest. Who will they serve? Who will they be a king over? So that is one thing the WTS has half right. The number is limited. But the 144,000 represent just the "root" of the kingdom. The root are the remnant of natural Jews, 12K from each tribe who get into the kingdom. Therefore, being just 1/10th, the entire number is really 1,440,000! Your "for anointed only" reference is Isaia 6:13

" 13 And there will still be in it a tenth, and it must again become something for burning down, like a big tree and like a massive tree in which, when there is a cutting down [of them], there is a stump; a holy seed will be the stump of it.”

Basically, the kingdom is represented by a tree. Gentiles are wild olive branches grafted in where the natural Israelite branches were cut off. 90% of the seats were lost to the gentiles, but a remnant, 1/10th, was left remaining to fulfill Abraham's covenant and those are the 144,000.

A FINAL TEST! Do you really and truly want to be of the anointed? If so, you cannot be one of the "foolish virgins." You have to be a wise virgin and the wise virgin anointed ones are heavy into scripture and Bible prophecy and chronology! That is what the "extra oil" is. So the wise virgins know that Christ must return in 1992. They know he returns as the prodigal son and Lazarus. That's how Jehovah has set it up. So they know I'm the true messiah. So in the end, you have to accept Christ in this body and with identity. A gay black male and ex-drag-queen. If you can't do that, you will self reject. Of course, it is just a disguise, like Jesus disguised himself so many times after his resurrection so that his disciples didn't know him at first. But still, if you have a special hang-up with gays or blacks, then we have a prblem.

THE MEMORIAL CONUNDRUM: Finally, of course, there's the memorial and as you noted, the issue of joining the "ever growing" number of anointed. Well, that number is supposed to increase until the 1,440,000 are all sealed. So that's a normal circumstance. Except, after Chirst returned in 1992, December 25th, and after he ate the last passover/Lord's Supper on April 6, 1993, there is no official need to eat the Lord's Supper any more. So the vast majority of anointed witnesses who are anointed in secret, don't partake. So there are a lot more "anointed" than the WTS thinks.

So that's another issue. If you really are being "called" and are of the anointed, don't worry about partaking at the Kingdom Hall, because Christ has already returned in 1992. Further, obviously, there is certainly no need t be a witness at this point. In fact, I consider it a distinct disadvantage. Christ has "other sheep" besides the litte flock of "wise virgins" associated with the WTS. The WTS was "disfellowshipped" by Jehovah on November 10, 1992, 45 days before the 2nd coming.

So if you are feeling like living on the earth forever doesn't quite cut it and heaven is what you long for, likely you are being "called" by holy spirit. But you have to understand that calling and ACCEPT. You have to get up and "open the door" as it were.

So don't miss your calling! Even so, even though ALL are invited, all are not chosen. There IS an earthly class and the number going to heaven is limited to 1,440,000. And, of course, Christ is using my body this time around. Clearly Jehovah is making a statement and also has a sense of humor. But let's face it, if Jehovah was willing to ignore the fact that I was once a male prostitute and has made me the messiah, then I'm sure you'll have a good chance, right?

But it is humbling. It is a very humbling thing to be called.

Now, just as a little precaution here. Lots of "wise virgins" here know quite well I'm the messiah. But they can't say anyting. The wise virgins don't share their oil, that is, their understanding, with the foolish virgins. So don't look around thinking others need to validate what you will come to realize from the Bible. This is a "narrow and cramped road" kind of situation, not a broad road situation. The elect do not recognize the messiah publicly and to the world, nor are they seen by Satan.

But you'd better hurry, May 21st is nearly here!

LS

• designs
    designs

So Perry when are you going to get annointed so your SINS are foregiven

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit