And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony

by Perry 69 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• moshe
    moshe
    JUST REAL MEASURABLE, DEMONSTRATABLE FACTS

Who can argue with results like that? ---- Perhaps you had the power within you to do this all along, without giving credit to the supernatural.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

The last part of "Won't Get Fooled Again"

There's nothing in Perry's beliefs
    Looks any different to me
    And the doctrines are replaced, by-the-bye
    And the scripture on the left
    Is now the scripture on the right
    And the myths have all solidified overnight

Can't tip my hat to Perry's new illusion
    Can't bow for his new delusion
    Smile and grin at the change all around me
    If anyone were there today
    Just like I thought yesterday
    I'd get on my knees and pray
    We don't get fooled again
    Don't get fooled again
    No, no!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Meet the new boss
    Same as the old boss

• Perry
    Perry
    There's nothing in Perry's beliefs
    Looks any different to me

OnTheWayOut,

When you were an elder you taught people to disobey Jesus and to obey a religion. I teach just the opposite. They are utter opposites and cannot be reconciled. A person simply cannot obey man and Jesus.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Covered that, Perry

And the scripture on the left
    Is now the scripture on the right

Sometimes satire takes some thinking.

• Terra Incognita
    Terra Incognita

Perry: A person simply cannot obey man and Jesus.

Perry, based on what I've read, you emphasize personal testimonials as evidence of Jesus interacting with you. That is the equivalent of believing in Jesus because of what "man" (some "men") has to say about him.

Why should anyone take your "human" testimonials, from your particular group of Christians, as evidence of anything? Especially when other religions, that are condemned by yours as false could have similar testimonials?

• bohm
    bohm

Interestingly, this is exactly what Ray Comfort use in his arguments: Jesus is there because he speak to you. If he dont, your not asking right.

• Quentin
    Quentin

The Lord lite him up....yup, sounds real good, God gets em. As to the offecier who died you hve no idea about his faith, or standing before God. If you claim to, you are judging another with your born-again sounds like jw claptrap.

• Perry
    Perry
    Why should anyone take your "human" testimonials, from your particular group of Christians, as evidence of anything? Especially when other religions, that are condemned by yours as false could have similar testimonials?

Terra,

If you are self sufficient .... more power to you. However, personal testimony is evidence, just as it is in a court of law. Should that be all that is considered in a matter? No. But the accounts of others is something to consider carefully.

I don't see similar testimonies in "other religions". What other Religion claims that God lives inside of believers? It is God who is animating the believer to do good, not the person himself. Most of the other religions (if not all) I've looked at teach a works-based view. Christianity is unique in this regard, and produces tangible results. It is the work of God. The results are difficult to argue with. That's why I like to highlight them, because they are so dramatic in producing positive change.

The Lord lite him up....yup, sounds real good, God gets em.

Quentin,

Yes I believe that the Lord did light him up so he could be taken down. Unlike the JW's, the bible and even the vast majority of people whether believer or not, see the immense benefit of police protection and the exercise of fatal force at times.

• transhuman68
  • Quentin
    Quentin

Yes I believe that the Lord did light him up so he could be taken down.....that's sad, taking a life is no small matter. Attributing it to a born-again is sadder. The Lord didn't lite him up muzzl flash did and eleven rounds is over kill. Comments like that I find creepy and disturbing.

Unlike the JW's, the bible and even the vast majority of people whether believer or not, see the immense benefit of police protection and the exercise of fatal force at times....depends on which side of the gun your on. I would say you have traded a jw life ( even if you were never one ) for one as judgmetal as they. Think jw's don't own guns?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit