untitled

by Dawn2011 35 Replies latest social relationships

• Gayle
    Gayle

If you can't get him to read Ray Franz' book Crisis of Conscience, ask him why. It was unfair of him to start a relationship with you. Don't jump into a marriage with him. Read more. Try to discuss more why is he still drawn to it after such great disappointment. If he goes back into that life as everything is demanded of JWs, there will be a constant division in your relationship.

• Retrovirus
    Retrovirus

Welcome Dawn2011!

Keep reading and make up your own mind. A very good idea to read "Crisis of conscience" ; it will help you understand. Also have a look at the website jwfacts its written for people considering joining but provides great overall coverage.

FWIW, I'm a non-jw with friends and family in. At a low point i did start to "study" with two jw ladies but the material was too silly. I believe i'm now "bad association".

I hope you learn to understand how much your man is still in the thrall of this cult, and that you make the right decision. All my best wishes.

Retro

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

It appears from what you wrote that you truly love this man. You really need to have a heart-to-heart discussion with him. It's not fair of him to keep your relationship in limbo,until he decides whether or not he is going to go back to being a Witness again.

Well,I wish you the best,and hope it works out for you both.

• tec
    tec

There are quite a few non-jw's married to jw's on this site. Give them all another day to notice this thread and tell you of their experiences.

Welcome to the board,

Tammy

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Hi JahsOne. Welcome to the forum.

Don't come here and ask for advice because you won't get the right advice from here.

If Dawn's boyfriend was a Mormon a Catholic or a Muslim, where should she go for advice?

Chris

• sizemik
    sizemik

Hi Dawn2011 . . . and welcome to the forum.

JahsOne said . . .

Don't come here and ask for advice because you won't get the right advice from here.

I have to wonder . . . is this an example of wrong advice then? . . . if we take this statement at it's word then someone's just put a bullet in their foot.

You decide . . . JW's are experts at giving advice . . . so are many others . . . and it's not always good either way.

Your situation is difficult and without knowing more it's hard to advise with conviction . . . however, if your loved one is undecided then I wouldn't push Crisis of Conscience under his nose . . . read it yourself . . . and then just leave it lying around . . . somewhere obvious, and see if 'nature takes it's course" . . . like you, he will have to make his own decision.

All the best . . . and keep posting . . . you will get good advice here . . . just not from everyone

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

You're a bit slow, aren't you...she isn't a jw.

• jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard

Welcome Dawn.

I get the impression that your friend may be less attached to the jws than to his children and grandchildren.

That is what really makes things difficult, because the borg makes its members chose between leading their own

life and keeping contact with their family. It is a wicked coersion, but very effective.

Your friend may well be very much in love with you, but faces a very difficult decision. Good luck. I hope you find

happiness.

• tec
    tec

Jean-luc... your avatar makes me hear your words in Captain Picard's voice, lol. Also the advice was wise, so that helps.

Tammy

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Omg Tammy, not that you said that I hear that voice too!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit