'God is love' . . . yeah right, dream on.

by 3Mozzies 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• 3Mozzies
  • Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

HA! Awesome! Call the Christian God out on his own hypocrisy.

• StoneWall
    StoneWall

OMG....I loved it..hahahahaha

How can anyone watch that video and not see that there is something very,very wrong with whats in the bible?

Sometimes it takes humor to show us things that logic sometimes fails to do because of our predisposition.

• 3Mozzies
    3Mozzies

The Watchtower Society's worst enemy is their own literature, for the christian God it's the bible.

• losthobbit
    losthobbit

Really makes me feel stupid for having been a god worshipper. Thanks :)

• glenster
    glenster

1 Cor.13 love--it's like saying life is love. It's found there but it wouldn't
    make for an absolute. You could make a comedy routine about how it isn't an
    absolute. Nobody interprets that line in context as an absolute.

A lot of OT cruelty, such as religion as law of a land with a military to
    defend it, ethically unneccesary rules let alone punishments not repeated in the
    NT, like ANE cosmology and even monotheism itself, can be interpreted as due to
    the people only brought along so far, etc. (like Jesus' comment about divorce,
    etc.). NSC gets silly wth an atheist complaint about people killed in a Great
    Flood, for an obvious example.

Various meaning of the word translated "jealous":
    http://www.apologeticspress.org/apcontent.aspx?category=6&article=777

Love not easily angered--God similar to people who don't love everything, so it
    depends on the context, etc.

Psalm 58:10--the interpretation I know is it's the "eye for eye" hope of an
    Israelite whose people were taken cruelly into captivity. In contradiction to
    NSC's indication, his hope isn't given as a command from God or fulfilled. (In-
    stead, Jesus later teaches "You've heard it said "eye for an eye, but" etc.)

To make a long story short and not look up scads of verses with Google, and as
    I noticed on a previous post, NSC got material from a book that bashes Christians
    without doing the related research, sort of like taking JWs leaders' at their
    word on the same subject without checking up on it--sort of like a JW with JWs
    literature.

An easy to see JWs leader-type example of propaganda against a mainstream
    Christian stance by NSC is a post that identifies Hitler as a Catholic:
    http://www.nonstampcollector.com/HitlerTheAtheist/

Use Edit > Find for "Hitler was raised by Catholic parents" at the next link.
    http://glenster1.webs.com/gtjbrooklyn6.htm

One of my basics is to not mess with the known proven things. As more becomes
    known, a choice to believe in a possible God beyond that has to adapt. Not
    messing with the facts doesn't just mean not saying the world is 6,000 years
    old, it also means not propagandizing against those different than you, and on
    that score NSC fails. If a believer or non-believer hurts or kills another over
    their stance, becomes 'centric and intolerant so propagandizes against others,
    I'm against it. NSC and I may be on the same page where that's true, but beyond
    that unfortunately is the ironic contradiction of NSC.

(A Watchtower leader atheist? Actually, considering I don't think the JWs
    leaders' believe their cooked-up efforts at exclusiveness, so probably don't have
    a general belief in a God to be rightful by, that's not a bad comparison. If
    anything, the JWs leaders know their cooked-up stuff is cooked up better than NSC
    seems to....)

• kjw53
    kjw53

to all mockers-- In the usage of the 4% of your brains, you think you know the thoughts of God-You who cannot create 1 blade of grass or hang a trillion tons planet on nothing-think you know the thoughts and heart of God so that you can sit on here and mock him. The mockers in Noahs day laughed at him as well. No wonder God needs to wipe the wickedness off of this earth. But lovingly he has sent his people around the earth warning all in advance what is coming- you close the doors in their faces while you mock them. Its going down under your eyes but as God said when he compared the last days to Noahs day-they will be marrying,etc until that day-because they were too blind in their minds and hearts to see it. And when satan leads every kingdom ( govt, armies,supporters ) against God at Harmageddon- for the man made word patriotism-you will be standing on the wrong side.

• dinah
    dinah

The difference in the OT and the NT just makes me thinks His Mightiness must be bi-polar.

• glenster
    glenster

I'm sure we all agree that we ought to love one another, and I know there are
    people in the world who do not love their fellow human beings and I HATE people
    like that. (Tom Lehrer)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6RbfaoX5Hw

• bohm
    bohm

kjw:

In the usage of the 4% of your brains,

seriously, do you people go to a camp where you learn to repeat this false factoid? it seriously puzzle me. i can understand why you would propagate false statements to discredit evolution, but this particular lie allmost make it seem like you insist on getting something wrong. Is it a secret handshake amongst the delusional?

you think you know the thoughts of God-

no we do not, and a little reflection will reveal a person who does not believe in god really do not believe in god, meaning he does not believe he is telephatic communication with him.

You who cannot create 1 blade of grass or hang a trillion tons planet on nothing-

because i cant do stuff, God must exist? hey my dog cant write a sonnet either, does this provide evidence for Allah?

think you know the thoughts and heart of God so that you can sit on here and mock him.

I still do not believe in god..

The mockers in Noahs day laughed at him as well.

So if people find your beliefs stupid, they must be true? digging out a deductive argument from your post is like looking for a corn kernel in dogshit...

No wonder God needs to wipe the wickedness off of this earth.

yes, because if some dude mock another dude, he should be put to death. so if you mock me, i have the right to kill you? just curious.

But lovingly he has sent his people around the earth warning all in advance what is coming- you close the doors in their faces while you mock them.

did he also send you to this internet forum?

Its going down under your eyes but as God said when he compared the last days to Noahs day-they will be marrying,etc until that day-because they were too blind in their minds and hearts to see it.

we are in a unique point in history where people marry. a sign which is as clear as the evidence you have presented for a loving god...

And when satan leads every kingdom ( govt, armies,supporters ) against God at Harmageddon-

evidence, evidence...

for the man made word patriotism-you will be standing on the wrong side.

imagine my horror...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit