Out of State Employment

by Cthulhu 11 Replies latest jw friends

• moshe
    moshe

Not sure if the member who asked for help is actually reading our suggestions, but I have one more-

= the expense of getting a new driver's license and car tags in another state. Down here in Florida you need to switch over within 30 days after you go to work or put children in school. It's not cheap, either. The DL costs $48 and the car tags cost around $400-450 for the first registration - Title- $80, first time impact fee $225, metal plate fee $28, registation $60-$150/yr. It's a major expense that most people are unprepared for when they walk into the BMV office. That lower paying job in your home state might be better than moving to a new state.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Be very careful of job listings on craigslist as I think a large % of them are bogus, just looking for resumes to steal identities. Always ask for a business email from craigslist advertisers before you apply for a job or send a resume- Yahoo or Gmail doesn't cut it for an HR department does it? Then research the company to make sure they are really in business- run the name through their state's corporation business and busines tax websites. I have found many a slick website that has no business listed with state government and when I ask them about it- the emails go dead real fast- protect yourself!

Thanks Moshe,

I will pass that info onto my daughter

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit