Good talk with mum and dad

by boyzone 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• wobble
    wobble

It struck me as I read your comment on how the little group must be careful, that it is like living in a Communist Cold War country when you are in a cult like the JW's.

It is good advice to them though ,to be careful, and that too, may make them think.

Mrs Wobble and I hope to meet you on the 30th.

Sorry anyone not involved, the 30th is a little celebration for a few of us who live fairly close. An Apostafest for the chosen. (There isn't room for a huge number)

the wider group of friends are all invited to "Drinks by the River" on the 30th July , from 4pm on, at the Riverside Pub, St Georges Wharf London, its a nice venue next to the Thames, close to Vauxhall tube station, and they do good food, to soak up the drink ! a good 20 are definately going, but the more the merrier ! Hic !

www.meetup.com/ex-jehovahswitness-uk/

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

That really warms the heart!

you must be stoked boyzone.

If that mature group of thinkers gets caught having those little meetings the elders will help them see the their way out i feel sure.

oz

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I don't know how anyone comes to the conclusion that 1914 is going to be dropped anytime soon.

WT May Kool-Aid edition page 15 18 The deteriorating world conditions that mark our day leave no doubt that since 1914, Satan’s wicked world has entered its last days. The stormclouds of Armageddon cannot be far-off. Soon it will be time for the Son of man to come to execute Jehovah’s judgment on the ungodly. (Ps. 37:10; Prov. 2: 21, 22) Should not that awareness affect you and your family?

There are four references to it in Examining the Scriptures Daily 2011

There may be less references in the fluffy feelgood public editions, but it is alive and well at Kool-Aid level.

You have to be really careful making statements to JWs. Make a mistake and you fit the WT descriptions of big scary lying, misleading, apostate. Get a question wrong and you were just asking.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

great story Boyzone

• Ding
    Ding

You did a great job picking up on things they were already seeing and focusing on that.

Too often, I focus on things that resonate with ME instead of things that are of significance to the person I'm talking with.

• bigmac
    bigmac

yes, i hope to meet you , Boyzone--& Wobble---at Cantleave's party on the 30th. how time flies--doesnt seem long ago we had a fest at Peacehaven.

• looloo
    looloo

boyzone , thats great news , i bet you could not believe it , hope they see the light x

• hotspur
    hotspur

Hey ... BZ.... is my Mum in that group?

Hotspur

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit