Part 7: Resignation into the Void

by Amazing 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Amazing -

Thank you for telling your personal story so well, and thank you for all that you have contributed here through the years.

Fred -

I think any of us who have been around here for a while and have gotten to know you through your unique quirkiness would say yes, they love you. One of these days Fred, you will find that you have much more in common with us "apostates" than you do with Dubs "in good standing." I think you associate with us here in definace of WTS dictates because in your heart you love us too.

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Satan,

Believe me, I don't have anything in common with apostates. But, I do love you all.

• Amazing
    Amazing

Yes Fred: We have developed much affection for you. I remember on H20 quite a number used to get after you, and me included at times ... but now, I think you have become our honorary mascot, or maybe more. Whatever you do, whether you stay a JW, half-JW, or become full ex-JW, stay on the board. Hope you enjoy Super Bowl Sunday ... Go Rams, Go!

• TR
    TR

Fred,

despite your rather hideous appearance, we love you.

TR

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    --Benjamin Franklin, 1759

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Amazing:
    Just loving these threads.

• zev
    zev

Mr Amazing...

I have been following your post with much anticipation.
    And everyday that a new one arives, i stop what I am doing, and read it. We've printed them out to read and re-read.

You experiences have reminded me of the things i have seen, and heard over the years.

And today, I realized, I too have a story to tell. I cannot yet, as its not over. I still have a loose end to wrap up, and after that, then my JW experiences and story can be told.

Thanks. From the heart.

-Zev
    Learn about the Wtbts and the U.N.
    ** http://www.geocities.com/plowbitch69 **

• Scorpion
    Scorpion

Amazing,

Your personal story is a helpful inspiration.

Scorpion

• California Sunshine
    California Sunshine

Hi Amazing..

As I write this the Rams are down 7 points. I hope they come back to win this thing, even if its for old time sake.I was a big fan when they were in LA. I went to the games when the "fearsome foursome" were playing (late 60s). I sure had a great time. Never forget some of those games.

I've enjoyed all the episodes of your story and am looking forward to the rest.

It must have been devistating to you to lose your faith in the WTS. You had invested so much of your life in it. Even to feeling you were one of the anointed. How tough it must have been.

Sunny

• bigfloppydog
    bigfloppydog

Your personal story is truly inspiring, this would really make a great book, you should write a BOOK. Looking forward to your next post.

• Bodhisattva
    Bodhisattva

Amazing -

Thanks for the series. I was reminded of an experience I had when playing hooky from the District Convention of 2000, my last year as a Witness (since Paul started a work to be completed in the 20th Century, per the 1989 'Tower, no sense continuing after, heh?). I had just spent the first two days of the District Convention in another state where, unlike Philly, it took place in an air-conditioned convention center. I was assigned to review Saturday's program the following Thursday, and after enduring two days, I gave up and drove home. But I then drove down to the final day, Sunday, at Philadelphia's Vet Stadium. I got there during lunchtime, spent about ten minutes walking around, then drove home with a young friend who was also on the way out and who I ran into. Arriving home, I saw that a new family was moving into another apartment at the other end of my building. At that point I walked into my apartment to get some disposable cups, then went over to them and offered the cups and the full water cooler that I had taken for my own use at the convention, and offered to help carry boxes. True, if they didn't have cups they could have gotten some at the convenience store around the corner, and tap water wouldn't be too warm to drink. But somehow the act of handing over what I had packed solely for my own use - the Philly conventions don't lead to a lot of woman-at-the-well situations, because everyone desparately needs to keep themselves cool - and spontaneously offering to help in a situation that had not involved a brother assigned to be group captain, was so refreshing. At the moment I thought, now this is what it means to act like a Christian. Or a humanist.

Bodhisattva

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit