After you got reinstated from the congregation, did the love bombing start right away and how long did it last?

by Iamallcool 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• Quendi
    Quendi

I am disfellowshipped with no intention of returning. White Dove is right to contrast the WTS approach with the one Jesus said should be done. But it is no surprise that a reinstated person is treated like a second-class citizen. After all, the reinstatement and "forgiveness" are both conditional. That person is still on "public reproof" because the restrictions that are placed on them after their reinstatement are exactly the same as those given to a person who has been publicly reproved. And depending on the elders in the congregation, it can take years to get the restrictions lifted. I think you are far better off not returning, but that is easier said than done. So many Witnesses have cut off relations with other family members and friends, that their entire world revolves around the WTS. To not return could mean a lifetime of isolation and loneliness. So they choose the lesser of two evils and come back. But considering how they are treated and the restrictions they still have after their return, I have to wonder if they have made a truly wise choice. I mean when the congregation is forbidden to even applaud when the annoucement is made and must wait until the meeting is over to extend any welcome, then that should be indication enough that the entire procedure is unchristian and unscriptural.

Quendi

• unshackled
    unshackled

Yes the love bombing started right after the meeting of the reinstatement announcement, but it was with a wary look. And the love didn't last long...about until I got in my truck.

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

I think it depends on their Family Status in the Hall..

I've see lowly famlies have a loved one Reinstated and the Hall will greet the one politely then eye them as a Traitor.

I've seen Familes that might have an Elder and one is reinstated and you would think the CO was visiting....

All you would hear for MONTHS isn't it great Elders ***** is back ...and the change ***is showing .they truly learned a lesson and Love Jehovah!!

Even if an Individual has been DF'd many times .... an Elders family is prised as the perfect family in the Hall.

If you mention your doubts about that one...... be prepared to find yourself downstairs being reminded by 3 Elders (And trust me the Elder of the family one you spoke of WILL be there) will rermind you.....Only Jehovah can read hearts!!!!

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Quendi said: I mean when the congregation is forbidden to even applaud when the annoucement is made and must wait until the meeting is over to extend any welcome, then that should be indication enough that the entire procedure is unchristian and unscriptural.

It is really surreal. I mean simply by announcing so-and so is reinstated, now hundreds of people will once again speak to a person, when 2 hours before they would shun them to the death if they could. The mind control is still stunning for me to comprehend at times.

• Crank!!!
    Crank!!!

I never got love bombed, i was treated like like the black death till i left.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit