After you got reinstated from the congregation, did the love bombing start right away and how long did it last?

by Iamallcool 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• Iamallcool
  • Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

I could not edit the title at my first post, After you got reinstated back in the organization, did the love bombing start right away and how long did it last?

• DagothUr
    DagothUr

I don't have that kind of experience, but from what I heard...the love bombing will never be the same once you were DF. You will be considered "spiritually weak", an outcast at least until the day when you become an elder or MS. We had some brothers in Romania in my zone who commited fornication and then got reinstated and in less than 5 years were appointed elders. I think the Society likes having hounders who had dirt in their bellybuttons: they are so easily convinced into voting any crap from the aforementioned Society.

• highdose
    highdose

i never saw any love bombing of newly reinstated ones, normaly they were treated like pariahs for a good year or so. The only exception to this being when it was a young male in a cong were they needed mic handlers etc, then they were put to use and the cong accepted them better. But i know some sisters who years on are still kept at arms length by the cong because " you know what she did don't you?"

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

This is blatant self righteousness. A person did fornication, so you have to treat them like sxxx even after reinstatement. This is after possibly 3 years of waiting. But, then again what do you expect from a people that think investment silver is too "worldly" for them? Or that judge a person harshly because they listen to heavy metal or rap music? Or that do less than 10 hours of field circus or refuse to pio-sneer during the pio-sneer drives?

• Krettnawe
    Krettnawe

Arent they supposed to welcome them back like the Prodigal son was welcomed back?

If they didn't lovebomb, then you people would criticize that too...

Hi Bob....

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

Krettnawe,

I think the point being made is that the reinstated ones are still treated as pariah, and not welcomed back like the Prodigal Son...if they were welcomed back, I don't think you would be reading the sarcasm.

• WontLeave
    WontLeave

The trick is to get reinstated in a congregation where nobody knows you or your backstory. Then, the love bombing will continue as long as you parrot the Watchtower and worship the Governing Body with them. You will be lavished with praise as long as you participate in their idolatry, so they don't feel uncomfortable around you. Being Christian around idolaters (especially those who know better) is like being clean around a bunch of drug addicts.

• FollowedMyHeart
    FollowedMyHeart

I was df'd @ 17 & reinstated 6 months later. My dad said as long as I lived under his roof, I'd go to all the meetings. My meeting attendance didn't miss a beat. I think that's why it didn't take too long to get reinstated. Anyway, the night my reinstatement was announced, several people hugged me and welcomed me back, and congratulated my parents. One sister, who had been a close friend before, approached me with tears and admitted that she was having a hard time welcoming me back. I don't remember a great deal of love bombing, and things went back to normal pretty quickly after that. (Just as added history, I da'd about 10 yrs later.)

• White Dove
    White Dove

You are not supposed to even clap for the announcement.

So much for that celebratory feast of the Prodigal Son story.

I think there was an article a few years ago mentioning to guard your association with a reinstated person, because not enough time has gone by for them to prove themselves as worthy associates outside the khall.

Completely unscriptural.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit