Does violence solve anything?

by d 23 Replies latest jw friends

• d
    d

For me I think in some cases violence does solve problems.What do you think.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Sometimes. Throughout history, it has been the last resort. It's interesting, comparing human relations w those of animals. Among animals, rank is important. Posturing is used at first. Violence is a last resort there. Among humans, all kinds of social stuff is involved in establishing, basically the same thing: body language, eye language, verbal stuff, shows of strength, shows of wealth, shows of knowledge, shows of status, etc etc. Violence, again is the last resort. If there are lots of resorces, these contests are less serious. When resorces get tight, things get more serious.

S

• d
    d

Humans have been violent since the begining of time.Their is no changing human nature.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

It helps if your trying to throw a Drunk Logger out of your house..

Put your pants back on Buddy..

Your leaving!

http://recollectionbooks.com/bleed/images/BB/drunkMed.jpg

..................... ...OUTLAW

• AnneB
    AnneB

"For me I think in some cases violence does solve problems.What do you think."

Sure it does! No more ants, spiders or their webs, no more flies, wasps....

• tec
    tec

It might solve a smaller problem, but in the long run, I believe that it just delays and creates larger problems.

Tammy

• TheClarinetist
    TheClarinetist

Yes, it does. Ironically, though, it wouldn't be necessary if it weren't for violence. Violence begets violence.

• d
    d

But to make any needed changes in this world, and to fight for freedom you need to use violence.

• tec
    tec
    But to make any needed changes in this world, and to fight for freedom you need to use violence.

But how do you fight violence itself? Not with more violence; violence begets violence... as Clarinetist said. How free are we when we have no choice but to keep fighting for freedom?

Freedom comes from within. I don't have to fight anyone for that.

Tammy

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

If someone was killing your child and the police intervened would it be ok for the officers to use violence to stop the attacker?

Ofcourse. Violence is just action and is neither good or bad. It depends on where it is directed and the intent.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit