Blondie's Comments You Will Not Hear at the 04-03-2011 WT Study (TRIAL)

by blondie 26 Replies latest jw friends

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Or Steve could just kick Alex's ass. That would work, too.

Sometimes a punch to the face is what someone actually needs, but be prepared for a lot of backlash if you're wrong about it.

-Sab

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

OH, I almost forgot..............Thank You, Blondie. Love your reviews!

Your coverage always has a way of adding 'Spice' to the Watchtower Study meetings.

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

yeah, Blondie rulz. I wish I never started reading her WT comments because they are all I think of during The Longest Hour of the Week, aka the Watchtower Study.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    The Longest Hour of the Week

Doesn't that describe it! The public talk went by so much quicker I tell you!

-Sab

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

yeah, the WT study is savage, Sab. Bored, indifferent conductors, mindless poorly-written paragraphs with obvious answers and 30 nutjobs eagerly waving their hands hoping to make some showboating comment that will put everyone to shame. That's exactly how I want to spend my weekends.

• Hiding Questioner
    Hiding Questioner

Let's look at the Alex and Steve "story" a different way...

11 Imagine this situation. Suppose that Sue, a brother's wife, wanted a scriptually free divorce from Steve,

and Steve was in the habit of taking overnight business trips. Sue tells Steve that she is deeply concerned about

what her husband has been doing on his business trips, namely having sex with other women. However, Steve

denies the accusation and shrugs off her words. When Sue urges him to talk to the elders about it, Steve responds that there is no need to as it is untrue and Sue need not tell on him. Should Sue be afraid of losing her husband? She need not be because she has carefully made sure that in a divorce most of Steve's assets will go to her. Yes, she might wonder whom the elders would believe when Steve denies everything. Still, the situation is not going to improve and, if Sue keeps quiet about her awareness of Steve's "wrongdoing", she won't get the divorce and the money. So, in the context of Steve not losing his relationship with Jehovah, Sue does well to recall that “trembling at men is what lays a snare, but he that is trusting in Jehovah will be protected.” (Prov. 29:25) and approaches the elders who immediately listen to Sue's claims.

What else could Sue have done? Well, she might have lovingly approach Steve again and lay bare his fault. Yes, that would have taken courage, but no need for the elders have already listen to her and believe her story could be true. Yet, it may well be, though, that Steve will welcome the opportunity to talk about "his problem" with the elders to defend himself. So, Sue arranges a meeting for Steve to speak to the elders and tells him that if he does not do so within a reasonable period of time, then Sue must continue to alert the elders of Steve's "wrongdoing".—Lev. 5:1.

12 If your wife were to ever create such a situation, you would not appreciate her efforts to "help" the congregation. And you would never in time come to realize that she was acting in your best interests. For how can such an "erring one" receive and accept help and be lastingly grateful" if he has done nothing wrong and yet his wife is perceived by the elders to have "courage and loyalty" to the Jehovah. On the other hand, if such a wife did this and has become hardened against you, is she really the kind of wife that you want to keep? Yet, Steve with his JW-mindset, believes that pleasing Jehovah, is always the right thing to do so he loyally agrees to the Elders meeting thinking that when we put him first others will show love towards him and will respect him and his truthfulness.

And, yet the elders take a different stand and focus instead on never allowing a place for the Devil in the Christian congregation for, if they were to do so, they truly would grieve Jehovah’s holy spirit. So, they worked with Sue to keep the Christian congregation clean by allowing Sue to get her divorce, freedom and cash and allowed the spread of gossip to spread throughout the circuit respecting Steve's exploits with woman and later, we are told, with other men, for if your going to lie and slander someone you might as well make it good.

This happened.

HQ

• DavinciCodeBreaker
    DavinciCodeBreaker

Thanks Blondie; great post as always. I just wanted to add a comment to a point in Par 9

Most people prefer to go along with the crowd, so to speak, to avoid confrontation or conflict.

This describes JW's to a tee, especially when you talk about doctrine or inconsistencies in th WT doctrine and false prophecies. As one individual told me regarding the whimsical renderings of scripture from the GB, he said "I just don't question it". Talk about "going along with the (great) crowd of robots" and avoiding confrontation at all costs.

One other thing; the WT continues to use these ridiculous recycled experiences. I have heard this same experience for decades and some of the details change but it is the same damn one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit