Studying JWs?

by bazackward 12 Replies latest jw friends

• InterestedOne
    InterestedOne

Scratch that. I just re-read your OP, and I see you're just going once to a KH meeting. Not doing a study. Nevermind.

• bazackward
    bazackward

@InterestedOne

No problem, yeah, I'm thinking I'll have no more than about an hour's patience for this project. hehe

BTW I enjoyed reading your study experience. Among other things, I had always wondered how long it would take them to start the hard sell.

• InterestedOne
    InterestedOne

Wow, bazackward, you're right. You tell the salesman, "I'm just looking," and he agrees to talk with you at first, but then gets into the hard sell. If you go to the Memorial, someone might try to start a study with you on the spot. That is the first step because they know that once you are doing the study, they can subtly introduce the assumption that you are interested in becoming a JW. Kind of like the salesman subtly introducing the idea that you are interested in buying his car rather than just seeking information about it. The Memorial was my first visit. Immediately afterward, someone approached me and started asking leading questions like if I enjoyed what I heard from the Bible there - he was working toward starting a study with me, but I got out of the conversation. I almost made it to the door when another JW stopped me and asked, "Are you set up with your Bible study?" See the assumption there? He was making it sound like I had forgotten to take care of something.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit