I am out of here

by Aussie Oz 83 Replies latest jw friends

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

This place has become far to JW ish for my liking.

Free expression and rights to make reply are shut down by those who hold the key.

This forum is turning into an Uber Christian outreach program with those who take umbridge to them getting locked and deleted threads.

It would perhaps not be so bad if the moderators actually communicated to people such as myself rather than cold cutting. They complain when we make a public outcry and tell us it belongs in a private message, yet cannot see 'the straw in their own eye' and do not use the private messages to communicate why they have done what they do. I would rather do this in PM but seeing as moderators do not see fit to use this system, nor will I. Any Pms from moderators on this subject will thus go un-read.

My thread got locked, no biggy. I can take it.

But deleting what i believed was my right to make a final reply to a moderators personal opinion and to explain my actions is plainly unacceptable.

There was nothing inflamitory in that new thread as i am sure the 50 or 60 people who read it before it was removed can attest to. I can only presume that it was removed in a fit of personal upset, 'how dare he have the last word'.

By way of apology i will except no less than it being re-posted, even lock it if you must,

but it was my reply and i had a right to it.

I may lurk but i will not post until my thread is back. If anyone wnats to 'see' me again, i suggest you all PM Lady Lee.

This place is great for research but i am honestly offended by its administration.

oz

• yknot
    yknot

Awww

I missed it....

but I don't want you to go permanently.....

Pretty pretty please.....

luv and huggles

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

Admin's admin. They're like the GB. Not perfect. Still, I'm wondering what's happened while I wasn't paying attention. I'll take a look in the morning.

g'night

• heathen
  • laverite
    laverite

Oz,

Rather than take personal offense, I would simply let it be like water off a duck's back. I have observed a few instances of one particular moderator's behavior that some might be offended by, but I just found interesting. A person's behavior vis-a-vis a particular topic and their reaction to it will sometimes simply reflect the rules of the board, but in a number of instances, it seems to be tied to personal biases and sensitivities.

I love observing one particular moderator, and I have never felt offended by that person. I own my own feelings. No one can make me feel a certain way. I allow it or not. But, I've often thought "interesting!!" Hey, this is the internet, and I certainly wouldn't waste a moment being offended. I wouldn't waste any emotion on that. But, as a behavioral scientist, I do find one person in particular quite interesting and fun to observe!

Just have a bit of a giggle, and let it wash right off your back.

• laverite
    laverite

Also, Oz, keep in mind that by leaving, you won't be punishing her. However, you will be hurting those of us who love reading your intelligent and interesting posts. (Did that shamless guilt trip work at all? No?) Seriously...we love you. Don't go. You are too awesome.

• garyneal
    garyneal
    This forum is turning into an Uber Christian outreach program with those who take umbridge to them getting locked and deleted threads.

I call BS on that comment. This forum is a lot of things but Christian it is not.

I saw your reply to Lady Lee locking your thread. I did not find it offensive and would agree that it should not be deleted, but oh well. I just stayed out of it and out of the locked thread before it was locked.

edited:

Okay, I see that the thread Lady Lee locked was deleted, not the response thread you made. My mistake.

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

Dude... ppl have tried to bully me off this board and I'm having none of it. Just watch your P's and Q's here and things will be alright. Maybe you should just lay low for a while...

V665V665

• Terry
    Terry

If Aussie is out of here...so am I.

Free expression is vital. Without it we have nothing.

Rebreathing the same stale air will kill you!

This is a measure of solidarity on my part and not directed at anybody in particular.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

They complain when we make a public outcry and tell us it belongs in a private message, yet cannot see 'the straw in their own eye' and do not use the private messages to communicate why they have done what they do.

Very true. It is a hypocritical way of behaving which needs to be addressed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit