I'm off to the circuit assembly today

by jgnat 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jgnat
    jgnat

Hamster/Outlaw, yup. I attend an assembly once in a while and I'll go to the memorial. I'll keep mum on hubby's reciprocation.

Hubby has been bugging me for any sort of morsel to share with the brothers; any sign that I might be softening up. I told him if he really wants to know he is going to have to pull out the "Secret to Family Happiness" book, I'll show him the chapters, and explain why I will never be a Witness. That sounds too much like work, so he's deferred.

Good point about Canadian health care. I'm not sure that Canadian volunteers would get much in the way of Canada Pension Plan, but I haven't really checked.

• designs
    designs

As long as they still allow Ice Hockey during the noon lunch break I say go for it...

• compound complex
    compound complex

Hi Jgnat:

Our Bethel rep said, regarding Japan, that 4 JWs had died and the some 115 - 120 missing ended up being only about a dozen as they all had been in service and, presumably, momentarily unaccounted for and safe ...

CC

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    Hubby has been bugging me for any sort of morsel to share with the brothers; any sign that I might be softening up......Jgnat

Do that and you`ll be plagued with no end of helpful JW busybodys..

JW`s are worse than mosquitoes..

Once they smell Fresh Blood,they will Swarm you..

The WBT$..

"JW Blood Suckers Club"

http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/4891114/2/istockphoto_4891114-mosquito-swarm.jpg

....................... ...OUTLAW

• therevealer
    therevealer

canadian healthcare is still requiring a monthly "bill" as in the equivalent to a u.s. insurance. of course the big difference is you won't be turned away if you are in default (I think) and the monthly bill depends on ability to pay to some extent. Old people like me pay less, etc. So I personally do not think this is the reason for printing in Canada. But what I think is cute is how these little volunteer pawns can be required to work hours that would not be acceptable for ones out in "the field". When on the afternoon shift I have a feeling they would be missing some meetings.

And I apologize for going of topic like that. Jgnat is such a trooper for doing that for peace in the family.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

Yes, all printing and distribution is shifting to Canada. It was actually mentioned in one of the funds receipt acknowledgment letters a couple of months ago (might have been a year or so actually). The official message is that they bought bigger presses and with a double shift and the reduction from bi-monthly to monthly literature they can get all of North (and South if my memory is correct) America done from a single line. I don't know what they're doing with Walkill though but it seems that Brooklyn is going to move there and it might still be used for small runs (like the special tracts etc.). Imho they're just going to sell the rest of the buildings in Brooklyn for millions of dollars (they already sold quite a bit of it).

Canada might come out to be cheaper as the laws in NYS and in the US in general are changing fast especially in regards to worker safety, electronic personal data security, child abuse reporting and corporate liability.

• INDYpendent
    INDYpendent

I was subjected to the two grueling days at the CA this past weekend, also. One of the (many) things that really bothered me was the accounts report. We use the Natick, MA assembly hall, which has no mortgage or outstanding loan, no taxes, free labor every Monday for maintenance and repairs, and yet, the "total expenses incurred" for the weekend was over $10,000! I just don't get it??? Yes, the lights were on, there was running water in the bathrooms, we had some heat (not very much, but it was there). Although my family did make a contrubtion, I cut our "mathamatical share" in half. Even that, I think, we gave too much. There's just no reasonable way to justfy the cost of $5Kper day to maintain that facility!

INDYpendent

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit