State your "epiphany moment " for leaving the WT

by caliber 51 Replies latest jw friends

• caliber
    caliber

Again I must say I really appreciated all the expressions..... these are heartfelt expression.. ..

in ther honest search each mostly wanted to believe the things they were learning. But real life experience

showed up the flaws and futility of serving man made rules for salvation . These points jumped out at me..

if I tried to execute a "perfect" performance I got up tight and nothing worked right. If I just steeped myself in the music itself letting it flood my soul with its expression it just flowed thru my fingers, bow or voice with ease. There is enjoyment and delight in just experiencing the music - trying to impress someone else with my skill DOES NOT work for me.
    I just kept learning more and more of why a person would do better to avoid this "straight jacket" of religiosity
    worked hard on being loving - of course I eventually discovered it doesn't work like that. When we accept Jesus Christ's love for us we don't have to work at being loving - it just starts pouring thru us. We start radiating God's love, not our own. And the harder I tried not to be judgmental the more judgmental I seemed to become

these points above by ..... saltyoldlady really touched home with me , I am so grateful for these thoughts and wonderful conclusions reached.. thanks

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

If you ever want to show a JW the lies, get a copy of the 3rd volume of Studies in the Scriptures. We have it at our KH and I recently showed it to someone 'joking' about the stuff we used to believe using the pyramids to calculate the dates and that the end would come in 1914 - the book was written in 1906. That person was very confused.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit