why are witnesses so ridiculous????

by mochamint22 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

Ya know, I really despise this behavior on the part of the JW's. If there's ANY opportunity for a sales pitch, they jump right on it. I wasi n class with a JW as well, one who knows me and my family, and not only did I have to pretend to be someone I am not whenever she was around, I had to deal with her endless chatter whenever the conversation with one of our fellow students COULD be opened up to "preach". The first day we were there, she made it known that she didn't appreciate the "foul language" and to please refrain from "dirty joking" around her. She set herself up as a woman with a stick up her ass from the getgo. Even now, we work for the same company, but we never see each other, and one of our co-workers told me the other day he hates having to hear from her because she's so FAKE (his word, not mine). He had her pegged the day he met her...pretty much everyone else in the class did as well. No one REALLY liked her, they just tolerated her. But they came to ME for the "reality" version of what JW's are about...I didn't hold back from telling them the absolute truth.

• the_raisin
    the_raisin

My mom did this during her work hours. She's a hairstylist, so I guess it's not a professional setting but still. Sometimes I would go leave her lunch or just keep her some company, and I'd be mortified when she would pounce on an unsuspecting victim, who was clearly uncomfortable, but there's not much to do while your hair is lathered with tons of shampoo and there is a grinning glass-eyed lady hovering above you with a hose full of hot water.

The worst is when the customer would actually argue back with logic, and poor mom had this fazed look on her face, yet kept trying to argue with 'Jehovah is all and the only God and the end is near and it's all in the bible so it must be true'.

Awkward.

• designs
    designs

Try engaging the Evangelicals here or anywhere on an intellectual or scientific subject...........

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit