why are witnesses so ridiculous????

by mochamint22 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• mochamint22
    mochamint22

So it's been a while since i've posted on the site to hello everyone. i just am so irritated by these fools that I have to tell you guys about this. so my husband was on his way to the store and he stopped to pump gas and there were some witnesses doing street witnessing and this brother gets out and comes up to him (i was at home, this is my hubby telling me about this) this happens to be the PO of the spanish hall my mother goes to. (those of you that know my story know what kind of ish i've been through with her and her congregation) so this guy tries to give my husband an Atalaya! aka Awake and he didn't take it and the brother says, "don't i know you from somewhere?" to which my husband says yes I'm sister Wells' (my mom) son-in-law. then the next question out of his dirty little mouth is, "where's your wife, is she still going to the meetings? Where?" To which my hubby totally lied and said yes i'm still going and that he didn't know the name of the congo just that it's up north. LMAO. i haven't been to a meeting since i last saw this brother which has been probably 2 yrs. So you know he's gonna run back and tell my mother --whos a beloved pioneer-- about this. ha ha...i'm waiting to see if shes going to call me about it.

NEXT

i'm going to school full time (i know! forbidden, lol) and theres this dumbass witness in my class. the classes i take are completely online and this fool woman keeps trying to preach to people on the stupid class discussion board. I'm taking a Biology course and we're talking about thought fallacies and the professor said we all have to post an example of a thought fallacy. here's hers...i almost puked when i read it:

"Recently, I was told that Jehovah's witnesses believe that 144,000 are going to heaven and preach such because they want to be the first ones to make it to heaven.

This person has not bothered to learn anything about Jehovah's Witnesses because if they had, they would know that today there are over seven million Jehovah's Witnesses world wide.

Jehovah's Witnesses believe, as the Bible says at Revelation chapter 7:4, that there are some who have a heavenly hope the number being 144,000. But Revelation 7:9 also speaks of a "great crowd which no man was able to number, out of all nations and tribes and peoples, and tongues" who will live forever on the earth.

Instead of repeating what you have heard, it would be a good idea to do research and learn for yourselve what Jehovah's Witnesses believe. You could even speak with one of Jehovah's Witnesses so that they can give you correct information about their beliefs. "

REALLY?!! Yes i bet someone JUST told you that......of all the things that you could talk about, you make some dumb ass comment trying to further the work. I bet that fool was counting service time too when she studies for this class since shes throwing in stupid crap like this. Then this lady comments on a man's post about how a fallacy example for him was how his friend moved into an old house that people think are haunted because the lights flicker. He said that it's a fallacy because it's more likely that the home is just old and there are issues with the wiring since its so old. What was miss witness' reply? Im sure she typed slow and got about 30 mins more which she rounded to an hour of service time. Here you go:

"I disagree with your point that the house is just old and drafty.

In looking at the website,----removed---- it states that the light could flicker if the wiring is old. But nothing about the TVor radio actually turning on by themselves. And the house should not be that drafty where the posters are ripping off the walls.

They could have problems with wicked spirits. These powerful wicked angels have caused a lot of sleepless nights for many. According to the Bible at Deuteronomy 18:10-12, spiritism is demonic and is condenmed by God. So if we are involved in any form of spiritism, we could have demon attacks."

Why are these fools so persistent? I posted a comment stating that religion has no place in our forum. The professor also shut her down. HA HA

Thoughts????

Mochamint

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

Nice to meet you mochamint. These experiences are familar to me. I've gone to school and worked with JWs who seem like they have to make a "spiritual scene" no matter where they go. And shutting them down, politely or otherwise just won't do the trick. I figure that the psychology is similair to those loon-balls who protest soldiers and gay funerals, the Westboro Baptist crew. The believe they fulfill the whole prophecy about "they will hate you because you are my servants" thing. So they see any objection, denial or less-than-warm response as being something to praise about because they are being "persecuted for Christ". Or maybe I'm wrong.

• sinis
    sinis

I had something similar (preachy/religious student - suspected it was a JW) in a class when I got my degree several years ago. I immediately went to the professor and indicated that I did NOT appreciate ANY form of religious activity in the class since I was paying for my education on my own. In addition, I explained that the class was NOT a theology course!!! After that, the person in the class did not so much as peep a religious idea!!! You may want to try this. Most schools take this seriously...

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

ug just got that sinking feeling. Many years ago I was like her!!! any opertunity to preach, preach I would.

• mochamint22
    mochamint22

Yes, I thought about contacting the instructor and telling her that I do not appreciate preaching in the class. That's not the purpose of the class at all. What I replied was that this is a Biology course, the study of living organisms, and that her religious bias has no place in the class. Biology is a form of science and science is based on FACTS not someone's opinion about the spiritual aspect of things. The teacher also made a comment reply to her stating that she needs to look at her own comments and realize the fallacy of what she was saying. She hasnt said another religious word so far. The other thing is that this witness lady is also in my other class as well and I'm like UGH! she hasn't said anything about religion yet, but i'm just waiting........

On another note, I kind of have a mind to just call up my mom and be like, No i dont wanna be a witness anymore and NO i'm not teaching my kids the "truth" and NO i dont give a damn who you tell. Those people don't walk in my shoes, they don't live my life so why the heck should I care about what they think. I don't even talk to my mother often enough for it to really matter anyway. The last time I talked to her was in like Oct. And it's rather refreshing if I may say so myself. It's just so toxic and hypocritical that it turns my stomach.

Also, last night my husband found some youtube vid that was talking about an early 90s Awake article that was talking about JWs stance on blood and how they actually had pictures of people that died because they didn't accept blood. Can you imagine that! Like its some great honor. It was blue and white and had pics of people on the front. I know I'm not giving you guys much to work with here but i cant find the vid on youtube to get the exact date. but if anyone knows what i'm talking about and knows where i can see a copy of this thatd be greatly appreciated.

mochamint

• FirstLastName
    FirstLastName

Perhaps tell the annoying JW student that the online school is not the place for religious debate and then if she would like to discuss religious ideas to join her for a "discussion" on jehovahs-witnesses.net

hehe

• mochamint22
    mochamint22

Niiiiice. I like that idea!

• sinis
    sinis

Biology course? Wait until you get to origin of species (evolution), unless you have already covered that. Now that will be interesting...

• clarity
    clarity

Mochamint22,

Here's the article

http://www.cftf.com/comments/kidsdied.html

clarity

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

When a JW is determined to make a public spectacle of themselves, ask a question that encourages them to do it properly.

Rev 19 "After these things I heard what was as a loud voice of a great crowd in heaven. They said: ..."

Where was the great crowd?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit