What % of your Congregation is Pioneering in April?

by Open mind 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Open mind
    Open mind

Our family is part of the 32% Unappreciative Spiritual Loser Class.

Not Regular or Auxiliary.

Our Congo has 51% Aux Pioneering in April.

And 17% are Regular Pioneers.

How about your neck of the woods?

om

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

40-50% i think. it was alot.

• sir82
    sir82

Almost exactly 50%.

Based on what I've heard that's more or less the ratio everywhere.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Is this a lot more than usual? What's causing it? I must say it completely passed me by because I haven't been to regular meetings for ages.

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

60% here. CO Visit this month probably helps increase the ratio.

• yknot
    yknot

over half....... (smiles)

Occassionally playing both sides benefits toward the same goal......

huggles to all (crawling back into my bookbag until later)

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Hey stranger!!!! ((((((((Ynot)))))))) 50% in my hall.

• sir82
    sir82
    Is this a lot more than usual? What's causing it?

Yes it is much higher than usual.

It is driven primarily by the Society's "one time special offer": for the month of April 2011 only (so far), you can call yourself an "auxiliary piooneer" with as few as 30 hours of field circus for the month.

Oh, and the Memorial invitation campaign for the first half of the month (virtually no talking required, just hand out tracts with little more than a "here you go") also is driving the numbers up.

I don't know what % the Society was shooting for, but I suspect they'll be pleased with 50% participation and the 30-hour AP thing will become an annual occurence.

That is, until excitement wanes (as it inevitably has with all their other "special programs") and participation drifts down thru the 40% range, then the 30's, then the 20's...

And then, just like the Pioneer Assist Others program, one day they'll send a letter saying "the program has been such a smashing suuccess that the only logical thing to do is shut it down."

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

I have no idea. I find myself at the KH very little nowadays.

• Open mind
    Open mind

yknot!!: Good to hear from you! While you're crawling around in book bags, how about another dive into an Elder Bag for some more "Food at the Proper Time"?

sir82: "the program has been such a smashing suuccess that the only logical thing to do is shut it down." LOL.

I think the 30-hour April Aux Pioneer "Special Offer" is an interesting sociology experiment. I can see some similarities between it and the "Company Potlucks" we have at work. When they are frequent, everybody looks around, sees it's no big deal and hardly anyone participates. When they're only once a year, the percentages go way up. (Along with the e-coli & salmonella exposures.)

om

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit