Pilate's wife

by Terry 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wobble
    wobble

It was obviously a bit like the scene in "Life of Brian" where the character, played by Michael Palin I believe, speaks of :

"The highest wanking officer in the wo-man army" He had trouble with his "Rs".

The bit of "Gospel" that always jarred with me was where "Mathew" puts in "let the reader use discernment".

If the reader did that he wouldn't believe a word of it !

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Sounds like one of the many fictionalized embellished story telling to create something more out of what really did occur.

Throughout the bible the writers were seemingly inspired to build up their spiritualistic characters, endeavored to create

more important relevance to them and perhaps unto themselves. Yahweh got embellished so did Jesus Christ.

2000 years later on the WTS. overtly embellished stories from these ancient stories to help in the proliferation of their own published works.

I guess people just like a good story, even if the story isn't clearly defined as being one of either fact or fiction.

• Terry
    Terry

In the bookstore where I work somebody showed me a children's christian storybook you would not believe.

It takes a few things Jesus said and turns them into greatly embellished ACTUAL STORIES of Jesus.

A light bulb went off over my head, I'm sure!

There is a story where somebody steals a jacket from one of the apostles and Jesus takes off his own coat and gives it to him.

I'm sure you can guess which scripture that is.

How easily we teach moral lessons by changing a story to suit our own purposes.

• God_Delusion
    God_Delusion
    I've written a work of fiction relating to Procula, Pontius Pilate's wife - http://www.jehovahswitnessblog.com/christian-beliefs/zombie-jesus/

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit