Pilate's wife

by Terry 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

I think one of the biggest problems is that it is not just one or two things that don't add up in the bible...

I so wanted that book to be true, I am talking 100%. Only god could could have such a thing penned i was taught. If the holy spirit directed the writing, it follows that it could and should have been able to keep errors out.

I know some defend it as, 'yes errors have crept in by imperfect well meaning humans', but that also demonstrates that this so called holy spirit of god was either unwilling or unable to keep it pure.

Tis Gobbledegook.

oz

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

They were all story-tellers, I'm afraid. 'Luke' fabricated so many of the details in The Book of Acts that even Paul wouldn't have recognized himself!

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Why assume it was a private letter? The gospel doesn't say so. It says his wife sent to him [a message]. It could have been a spoken message that was overheard by those in court.

• rocketman
    rocketman

It was an early example of text messaging. Or maybe an IM. Pilate's account obviously was hacked by the Gospel writer.

• tec
    tec

AnnOMaly Way to cut through an assumption!!

• wobble
    wobble

Silly cow put it on her facebook page.

• Terry
    Terry

I would say it is more of an assumption to think a Roman official would want want a wife's letter read ALOUD during

a Trial!

Imagine Judge Ito stopping the proceedings while O.J. was on trial and having a message from his wife READ ALOUD IN COURT!

It would risk humiliation.

So, apologetics aside.....the explanation has to seem at least: reasonable.

• Terry
    Terry

(what are you doing up and posting so late, Terry?

I have to, Tammy, to undo the damage you are making on my threads!

Just kidding, you rascal....you have certainly become quite the evangelist lately. I really can't keep up!

JW-net's version of Joyce Meyers, I'd say!!

• tec
    tec

Does message mean letter? It could have been spoken.

Also read the account: the whole situation being described was in front of the public. Not a private setting between Jesus and Pilate. Shame on me for not looking the passage up ;)

So anyone could have heard a message, and also voiced their opinion.

Tammy

• tec
    tec

Oh, and... ... to you too :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit