Hi, new to this forum. Figured I'd let everyone know about my story before I got involved.

by JonathanH 65 Replies latest jw experiences

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Welcome Jonathan ,I like my coffee with one sugar one cream ...

Very interesting story ,thank you for sharing . I hope one day your wife will also be on board,she sounds wonderful . In my family I was the one that quit ....I know the horrible feeling it is to look into the eyes of hurt of someone you dearly love . Over the past five years slowly we have worked through that initial shock ,and now I freely share stories form the forum with my husband . So you just never know .

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

I read it all... great story! Welcome here!

I'm glad you're out and free. I hope your wife joins you in freedom soon. She sounds like a great person

GGG

• mouthy
    mouthy

WELL a VERY BIG WELCOME!!! I read it all,( I let my coffee get cold)
    Well all I can say,Write a book about life in a cult...I cried for your sister.
    The one thing that really warmed the cockles of my heart was the LOVE
    you & your wife has for one another..keep that up.LOVE NEVER FAILS
    I was told!!!!! My family say they loved me when I was kicked out
    & dont speak to me to show me that love Happy to have you aboard
    I am the Granny on board...Mouthy by nature,mouthy by name but to
    the Watchtower I am UNDESERVED KINDNESS>>> Grace!!!!

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

Well you owe me a beer read your great story! Welcome and best wishes to you and your wife

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Welcome! And thanks for sharing your story. I'm gonna mark this and read it later. Wow, I didn't know that much could potentially fit in one post!

• 3Mozzies
    3Mozzies

Welcome Jonathan

Wow, what a great read! Yes I read it all, a beer would be great thanks.

I feel for you, your wife is not free from the cult and I can not even imagine how terrible it is for you & others who have partners trapped in. I remember the day I sat my wife down and I told her everything about the cult and how I felt etc.. she took it well and after two months I had helped her see it as a stupid lying dangerous cult. I hope that one day you can help your wife see it too...

Look forward to more of your posts/comments

3Mozzies

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

Welcome to the board. One thing you won't find here is backstabbing "friends"...I wish you luck in getting the wife out completely (I need some of that luck too)!

-Yan

• mrquik
    mrquik

Welcome as well. Knowing that family & friends are wrong & realizing that we will not convince them otherwise is a burden. I do believe truth will eventually prevail. Hope to be around to see it. Wish you the best.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

JONATHAN H:

I read through your whole post and it was very interesting. You are well-read and well spoken and I love to read posts like yours. Welcome to the forum. I was especially impressed with your factual breakdown with scientific facts which shoots holes in many of the religion's beliefs. But, as you can understand, facts are to no avail when dealing with their mentality. Like you, I also noticed how many JWs are painfully ignorant. They just do not realize how grossly under par their education is and they are arrogant in their ignorance.

I felt your pain when you related how you were betrayed by a friend. This underscores the fact that there is nobody in this religion than can be trusted, because they can all go running back and be in a 'confessing' mood. This is why I have not revealed myself to anybody on this forum, because there is the possibility that some people here can one day go crawling back to the religion.

Hopefully, your wife can be 'won over without a word' (I had to get that in). Just keep being the loving husband that you are!

Regards,

• FirstLastName
    FirstLastName

Welcome from warm sunny California - a great read !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit