A little creative wordplay - Whose Spirit Do You Have?

by saltyoldlady 21 Replies latest jw friends

• saltyoldlady
    saltyoldlady

Instead of problems I will see potential

Instead of a spirit of fault-finding I will develop the spirit of appreciation

Instead of a spirit of condemnation I will develop the spirit of commendation

Instead of a spirit of domineering I will develop the spirit of empowering

Instead of a spirit of manipulation I will develop the spirit of motivation

Instead of a spirit of "gimme" I will develop the spirit of "giving thee"

Instead of a spirit of deceit I will develop the search for truth

Instead of a spirit of lust I will develop the spirit of love

Instead of elevating myself I will develop reverence for God, my fellowman, and the life force.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Huh?

Oh, I see...

Well, my reply's a bit more personal...

"Whose spirit do I have?"

Mine!!

Me, myself and I...!!

Ooops... I think that's a "trinity"...

Well, that's why I'm a She-Devil...

• saltyoldlady
    saltyoldlady

You She-Devil, You - I especially like the emoticon that winks!

• saltyoldlady
    saltyoldlady

In fact I'm a thinkin they ought to make it possible for us to have our avatar cuties do various things at our command - sometimes I would stamp my foot, another time I would slap my tail, sometimes I'd just do a jig, and maybe I should be able to twitch my ears, or blink that one eye of Mine, or at least wave my arms. Suggestions for the management probably belong somewhere else but I'm putting it here for now.

Or maybe I should just get clever like Outlaw and save them the time and create little cartoon characters that wobble their heads, etc. I'll work on it and save them the effort and time. But it would be such fun to make that ghastly one-eyed cyclops lizard they assigned me DO SOMETHING - ANYTHING - maybe scratch behind the ear?

• ziddina
    ziddina

Hi, Salty!!

Let me address this comment:

"Or maybe I should just get clever like Outlaw and save them the time and create little cartoon characters that wobble their heads, etc. ..."

Okay...

May I explain a few things about "smileys" and "emoticons"? Thank you.

[P.S. - to any computer geeks reading this, pleeze feel free to correct me...]

The "smileys" that you see in my post above are available to EVERYONE who is logged onto this website.

When you look at the "box" that you type in your post, you may notice a LOT of "icons" - symbols - in the top area of the gray border surrounding the area where you type.

You can use those buttons - but let me give you a bit of guidance on WHICH ones to start with!!

First, let's start with the "smileys", since they're so much fun!!

You may notice that little yellow 'face' in the bottom row of "icons". Put your 'arrow' over that and click once on it. That SHOULD bring up a smaller screen that contains a LOT of funny pictures. Pick one that you like, click once on it, and it will "insert" into your text, at whatever point you've left the "cursor" - the bar that flickers to show you where you stopped typing...

Why don't you give that a try, and show me the results, please?? [by the way, it's a bit of a slow process, so be patient after each click...]

Zid

• ziddina
    ziddina

Oh, also, about this idea...

"I'm a thinkin they ought to make it possible for us to have our avatar cuties do various things at our command - sometimes I would stamp my foot, another time I would slap my tail, sometimes I'd just do a jig, and maybe I should be able to twitch my ears, or blink that one eye of Mine, or at least wave my arms. "

Okay, now bear with me as I attempt to explain this...

The "Gravatar" that you see in your "identity" box is based upon a simple 'program'. That program is "written" to provide an image ONLY. In order for your "gravatar" to move, a programmer would have to write a brand new 'program' that would involve a lot of 'text' that would tell the computer HOW to move your "gravatar's" arms, legs, ears, and so on...

And that program would have to be copied and tweaked for EVERY SINGLE ONE OF OUR "GRAVATARS"...

Which would involve an INSANE amount of work...

Just ta let'cha know...

But I have another solution, which I will 'talk' you thru, if you succ - AFTER you successfully figure out how to use the "smileys" provided on this website specifically for US...

'S'kay???

Zid

• saltyoldlady
    saltyoldlady

Okay I got the idea - ready for my next lesson.

By the way did you see my PM I left you ages..................ago!

And how did you get these emoticons to repeat across the page?

• ziddina
    ziddina

PM?? Urk...

I've been neglecting my PMs lately... I'm supposed to be working right now, but as you can see, I'm goofing off instead...

Anyhoooo....

Very Good, Grasshopper!! Now on to your next lesson!!

"And how did you get these emoticons to repeat across the page? ...."

Do you know how to "copy" on your computer??

I'm going to describe how I "copy" text - pix - whatever - on my computer, and it will probably be the same for yours...

On your keyboard - the typewriter-like keyboard - there are some extra keys...

At the bottom left corner, you may see - hopefully will see - a button that reads "Ctrl *"

Let me know when you see that button = and there are usually TWO "Ctrl *" buttons on a keyboard...

• ziddina
    ziddina

Helllooooooooooo??????

Well, I'll assume that you've found the keys I've referred to. All computer keyboards have these "Ctrl *" keys, and they are referred to as the "Control" keys.

One normally uses this key frequently, IN CONJUNCTION with several other keys - letter keys - on the keyboard, to perform certain basic tasks...

Also, these tasks are performed along with the "hi-lite" function of the "mouse"...

Hello?? Salty?? You there??

• ziddina
    ziddina

[Echo... echo... echo... - with a nod to the movie "Airplane"!! ]

Anyway, the "Control" key can be used with the letter "C" key to "copy" any portion of text or pix that you have "hi-lited" by holding down the LEFT button on the "mouse" as you "drag" it over the pix or text that you want to "copy"...

And let me know when you're ready, 'cause I want to break that down for you...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit