They don't even know their own doctrines...

by Leto 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Mad Sweeney
  • Franklin Massey
    Franklin Massey

This point was stressed in a talk by the DO at our recent Circuit Assembly. He said that for most in attendance, Jesus was not their personal Mediator. Rather, he is Mediator for the few chosen spirit annointed ones. To soften the impact, he added that this does not mean that we don't benefit from Christ's ransom and his example.

I wish I could set up an Assembly exit poll and ask those in attendance, "Is Jesus your Mediator?" I would be interested in the results. I have asked this question of several JWs before and most say, "Yes." When I say, "That is not what the Watchtower teaches," they act shocked until I explain the doctrine. Then they slowly recall hearing something like that somewhere. Then, they chalk up the error in applying the term "Mediator" to an issue of semantics. They feel comfortable with, "Jesus is their "Mediator" but he is my Savior and my way to approach God."

But I don't buy it when I read the scripture at 1 Timothy quoted above:

“There is one God, and one mediator between God and men, a man, Christ Jesus, who gave himself a corresponding ransom for all—this is what is to be witnessed to at its own particular times.” (1 Timothy 2:5, 6)

For the WT to then say immediately after the scripture that this applies especially to the 144,000 is going beyond what is written. You can't pick a scripture that says "all" get the mediation service and then say that it doesn't really mean "all" it just means "some."

• Leto
    Leto

What is so weird, and really a fine example of the mind control these people are under is how the exchange went.

Yesterday he denied that the Watchtower was mediator, and said that there was only one mediator for all, Jesus.

When I sent him the documentation saying otherwise, he did an about face and started towing the Watchtower line, defending the doctrine of the 144k being mediator for the Great Crowd.

I guess he got some "new light".

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Yesterday he denied that the Watchtower was mediator, and said that there was only one mediator for all, Jesus.
    When I sent him the documentation saying otherwise, he did an about face and started towing the Watchtower line,
    defending the doctrine of the 144k being mediator for the Great Crowd.
    I guess he got some "new light".....Leto

He still doesn't get it..

The WBT$ is mediator for every JW,Except the 144,000..

Most JW`s don`t understand what they are supposed to believe..

Much less,be able to explain it..

As long as nobody DF`s them..

JW`s are happy not knowing what they believe..

....................... ...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit