When To Stop Being X ?????

by ladonna 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Wren
    Wren

I'll probably always be an X, but that's not holding me back in life. At this point, I'm still trying to get over that I allowed myself to be a true believer in this religion for 40 years. I'm including my grade school years as those were some of the toughest times. This DB community is such a comfort and therapy. It is so great knowing I'm not unique in leaving the org.

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

I'VE GOT A BROTHER?????

HHAHA ohh ya this place is like a big family reunion. Most like each other, some hate each other, and others have grudges that we really don't understand but are entertaining never the less. I like it here. Some days the posts are too much so I just hop into chat or get off the board.

I've become less dependant of the board here and I think that's a process we'll all go through. I'm acutally getting a real life, but I still value the friends I have made online and I think they're 'real' people too, even if I haven't got to meet them all.

We'll always be X's but I don't think that's a bad thing. It's made us all what we are today and I think we should be proud of that!!! Proud of the fact that we had what it took to leave, even if it cost some everything they had.

Ven

"Injustice will continue until those who are not affected by it are as outraged as those who are."

• bigfloppydog
    bigfloppydog

There has been some really good comments posted here. Alot of them hit the nail right on the head so to speak. I for one am really greatful to be able to come to the chat room and talk or read posts typed. It makes me feel like I am not alone. Some are right this is a place some can vent-out their feelings, when you still have family and relatives still in the org. and they shun you it will I think always affect you. I personally don't always want to live in the past and keep repeating stuff that has happened, but it is still fresh in my mind and being able to talk to people and read what others experience really does help. I makes me feel alot better, especially those days I wake up feeling really sad, and I come into the chat room and there is someone there, and even though I can't see their faces, I feel comfortable enough to talk. Usually by the end of our conversation, I feel a whole lot better. I thank them for that dearly. Everyone goes through many different emotions, anger, hatred, depression etc. and it takes awhile to work through these, and then maybe in the end when all is said and done, they feel better, and live for what is in front of them instead of behind them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit