Acts 5:42??

by Curtains 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Curtains
    Curtains

has this verse been explained on this site? Many translations say "from house to house". Is this correct? The KIT says "in the temple and according to house"

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

That song just entered my head.......from house to house, from door to door........

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

Misery, I'm going to strangle you for that.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

I would like to hear thoughts on Acts 20:20 as well -

20 while I did not hold back from telling YOU any of the things that were profitable nor from teaching YOU publicly and from house to house.

The new book that they are studying at the "book study" makes an attempt early on to justify "door to door" I will try to find the exact quote.

• cantleave
    cantleave

From House to House, from door to door blah blah, blah blah, blah blah........

Who remembers the wood glockenspiels in the singing and accomanying yourselves with music in your hearts, vinyl record?

They always made me laugh as a kid.

• Curtains
  • GOrwell
    GOrwell

I've seen various translations (HCSB etc) that say "house to house" @ both Acts 5:42 and Acts 2:46 (same greek term), but in acts 2:46 the phrase "breaking bread from house to house" instead of in "private homes" just doesn't make much sense..

• StoneWall
    StoneWall

Realized you had already found the link I was going to point you to.

So removed what I had previously posted here...

• drewcoul
    drewcoul

Ray Franz had an interesting take on this. According to him, if I remember correctly, when referring to going house to house and door to door, Luke was talking about staying at people's homes, not going from one door to the next as the WTS would have you think. He then says that during GB discussion, Fred Franz said that someone could go in the front door and out the back door, thus going from door to door. The rest of the GB laughed, but he claims that Fred Franz was serious about this.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

"House to House" was made up by Fred Franz. There is nothing in the literal translation that indicates any sort of door to door work, despite the goofy NWT and other translations' assertions.

"Every besides day in the sacred-place and according-to home not they-ceased teaching and bringing-the-well-message Jesus the anointed."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit