CNN Question "Is Libya a war"

by Was New Boy 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Was New Boy
    Was New Boy

What bull shit. Of course it isn't a war. They would need to get an approval for that!

Let's face it Americans hate approving of war!

That's why America needs to have "Police actions"

No one wants "WAR" so police actions are a much better way to kill people....it sounds so much better...hell everyone wants the "police to show up"

We started doing "police actions" over 60 years ago with the Korea...even Viet Nam was never a declared war....

As George Carlin said it best ......"America can't make anything anymore..... can't make a TV or VCR worth a shit.... but we can bomb the shit out of your country!"

He also said "America loves war it is a war like nation...." Especially if there is something there we want like oil!

Of course most Americians will tell you we are fighting for freedom......so the local people can have a democracy!.....really?

How many times do you see America going to war sorry I mean police actions, for poor Africian countries and getting rid of their of their oppressive dictators?....one time Rhawana.

No my friends. The real freedom Americans want is the freedom of cheap gas.

So now America is now killing people in three different countries....for their freedom?

American's military are just the security guards for America's corporations

War is good business...invest your son.

God bless America?......I don't think so.

P.S. The price tag in Iraq...just hit 1 trillion dollars!

So how much much money is 1 trillion dollars?....If you gave every man and woman in this counrty, who was over 18 years old a check.....that check would be over $100,000!!!!

Yep...war is a great idea...

• VM44
    VM44

It is not a war, it is a "Kinetic Military Action"!

• trevor
    trevor

If any nation attacked the USA and destroyed their air-force, then tanks and wheapon stocks, killing both soldiers and civilians, I wonder whether the President would consider the country to be at war?

• TheClarinetist
    TheClarinetist

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the UN in charge of the situation in Libya? I would say that in this particular instance, it actually is a "Police Action".

• Was New Boy
    Was New Boy

U.N....so who's paying the bill....

So who do you think "runs" United Nations"?

Who do you think "runs" NATO?

• designs
    designs

'I ain't gonna work on Maggie's farm no more......'

• TheClarinetist
    TheClarinetist

The United States, Britain, Russia, France, and China. China is the interesting one, and the reason why I wouldn't all out say "The United States owns the United Nations".

• designs
    designs

China takes a low key in these Arab conflicts but is one of the largest arms dealers on the planet.......

• Was New Boy
    Was New Boy

Isn't interesting that 60 days ago Gaddafi stated he would sell no more oil the 'west' and europe and only to China! So now the "west' is bombing the shit out of Libya....

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

I didn't want to start another thread on this subject, but someone correct me if what I'm about to type is an inaccurate short story of this whole Libya thing.

Rebels in Libya gained some momentum and appeared to be on their way to taking over the country. Those here in the US who have "interests" within Libya were . Then the Gaddafi regime dug down deep and rallied back changing the course of the civil war. Those here in the US who have "interests" in Libya were . Obama being the spineless puppet that he is, catering to those with "interests" and sensing an oppurtunity went So he ok'd military intervention, but didn't do a good enough job in explaining why to the American public who were largely Obama gave a speech last night that left his constituents and the public

So basically in nutshell, powerful people in this country are pissed because Gaddafi had the audacity to effectively put down a coup d'etat. They're mad because the wrong guy was winning?

Am I reading this right?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit