Buying Silver is Worldly

by manthedan 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Jehovah isn't going to step in and give them the damn silver when the toilet paper dollar hits its fair value (zero).

Really? I was recently told by a JDub that he's glad he doesn't have to worry about any of the world's problems. Friggin dope.

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

You should try buying real estate instead...that worked real well for the WTS!!!

• stillin
    stillin

the whole concept is that you make PERSONAL application of the principles that WTS puts forth. Whoever is the strictest is the most righteous and they get to browbeat the other "weak" ones.

• Listener
    Listener

She's just stirring the pot and thinks its okay for to be rude to you.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

In response to this, I went and bought some more. I ordered another 21 ounces of silver just to slap whatever witlesses there are locally who believe investment silver is a sin right in the face. And the stuff cost me more than $875--up from $834.75 only a week and a half ago. Just that I might well be giving Jehovah or his witlesses a slap in the face is enough to up my silver position, and I intend to continue buying it until the day it goes up so fast that I cannot save toilet paper dollars fast enough to buy it.

All of which is really odd, given that the witlesses claim to be Christian. Who is it that told people to stop judging others? Certainly not Jehovah or his witlesses--Jesus did. The real reason you do not see Jehovah's Witlesses investing in silver (even if they did buy it) is that you do not buy silver the way you go out and buy groceries. Silver is also not usually kept out in the open, like a TV or computer would be. Usually you buy it by the ounce, or in rounds or bars from 1/2 ounce up to 1,000 ounces (for industrial purposes), and it is discretely delivered to your door. I also don't see the witlesses getting proof coins or other items of personal or collectors value, but that doesn't mean they don't. Which is none of their damn business.

• minimus
    minimus

They'll throw the silver into the streets.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

What's so special about silver?

At the next economic downturn, what good will it do you? You can't eat it, can't drink it, it doesn't keep you warm, you can't use it to build a shelter.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

What's so special about silver? First, it is real money. It also happens to be the best conductor of electricity of all the metals, an excellent thermal conductor, and very ductile. This makes it invaluable in electronic contacts, cooling devices, and in making some of the tiny wires in your electronic devices. Think: Headphones, cell phones, MP3 players. It is also very reflective, found in many mirrors and CDs. You also find silver in solar panels, because of this. Silver is also used in coatings on glass--high end lenses and low-e glass coatings use silver. It is also used on sunglasses, and certain types of regular eyeglasses (like anti-glare coatings).

Silver has other uses. Medicinally, it is one of the best antibiotics around. To germs, silver is very toxic like lead and mercury. However, it is not very toxic for us. This is good to prevent spoilage of foods--they used to put a silver dollar in milk to prevent spoilage before refrigeration. It is also used to help seed clouds (silver iodide) for rain and snow.

Plus, we are headed for a shortage. Two major banks have huge naked short positions on silver, and they are starting to get squeezed. When the COMEX gets busted--and they are only 40 million ounces away from that--you are going to see silver prices go up so fast that there will be no time to react. Anyone that invests in a few ounces of silver and holds onto it when that happens is going to see a $40 investment become a $6,000 return within a matter of hours as people panic to get into the market. At that time, silver will become even more valuable than gold (which has very few uses aside being money).

Of course, to a witless, that doesn't matter. They don't think that, while you can't eat or burn silver, you can use it to barter for food and gas that you can eat once the dollar becomes worthless. All they think is trusting in that Almighty Lowlife Scumbag Jehovah, who always lets them down.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Thanks for your explanation, WT Wizard.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

What about my forks and spoons? Are they worth anything?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit