Buying Silver is Worldly

by manthedan 20 Replies latest jw friends

• manthedan
    manthedan

My wife (no longer a JW) was at her mother's and sister house (who are JW's) and my wife told them that we have been investing in a little silver. Her sister then attacked her and said that it was "soooo worldly" that we have been buying silver and that you dont see Jehovah witnesses going out buying silver........WTF! This freak B**** who claims to be a faithful Jehovah Witness got a tattoo recently with her "faithful" mother's approval. She also spends all kinds of un-chapporone alone time with her former uncle (no blood relation). They hang out, go to movies, and do all kinds of activities together..alone...and he is not a witness nor every affiliated with JW's. So who the hell is she to call us worldly for buying silver.... un doubtly she has a 401K, thats the same damn thing.

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

Good for you for having something worth keeping. Remember to buy on the good corrections not at the highs as the ride down is always brutal :) I was buying bullion for the last 7 years (started while still a dub) and it beats holding money in the bank. Many dubs will regret not having any savings and putting their faith in Crooklyn boys when their time for retirement comes.

• CoonDawg
    CoonDawg

So, if you worked for a bank or an investment house, is it worldly because you determine where to park capital as part of your job? some of it in precious metals - other parts in currency trading?

• baltar447
    baltar447

Dubs can be SO dumb and judgemental.

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

I remember back in the 60's my father was mad that a brother in our hall had a retirement fund. My father said it is just another form of gambling and besides he is not trusting in Jehovah. Seven years ago my wife and I had to bail out my parents because they never invested anything into their retirement while the brother he was mad at back in the 60's in living comfortably instead of being a burden on his family. Totally ADD

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

WT Wizard will love this thread.

• kimbo
    kimbo

Lots of JWs are peanuts

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Well, good. I don't know what they are going to do when hyperinflation hits. Jehovah isn't going to step in and give them the damn silver when the toilet paper dollar hits its fair value (zero). And what are they going to put in the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund when the toilet paper dollar fails?

As I see it, buying silver is as worldly as buying anything else that one might need. Do these same witlesses buy food? I wonder if they have more than a day's worth of food, cleaning supplies, and other basic essentials other than field circus supplies at home. Do they have stocks and bonds? If so, these are as worldly as silver and gold. What about vitamins? What about other things they do to take care of their health? Anything that invests time, money, or effort could be classified as "worldly" because "they should be trusting in Jehovah to take care of these things".

Here is another stupid idea, probably picked up on by local hounders or a group of self-righteous pio-sneers or pio-sneer wannabes. It may be only a matter of time before the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger bans buying silver (and gold), but so far I have yet to hear of any organization-wide bans on the subject (only the usual "trust in Jehovah" crap). So far, I have around 210 ounces of silver (and 3/4 ounce of gold) lying around, waiting for the day when toilet paper money is worthless. I also have more than $2,000 invested in spare Christmas decorations.

• curiousconfused
    curiousconfused

You cant buy Silver?? This is not a JW teaching..... this is the opinion of a mental JW. There is a difference. In fact the more I read here, the more I see that the actions of the few - the sort of folk that would be considered a tad crazy whatever faith they did or didnt have are held up as the JW normal - they are'nt. They just are'nt. Just as many of you sigh when you observe the bilge that comes out of the Six Screens crazy factory - because it discredits you all - well, thats how I feel....

• laverite
    laverite

Does she buy aluminum foil?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit