J-Dub Gossip: How Do/Did You Handle It?

by DarioKehl 21 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• sizemik
    sizemik

DK

They gonna gossip about you while your in there . . . they gonna gossip about you when your out . . . .

Difference is your not going to have to know or worry about it when your out . . . and that's gotta be good right?

Luvonyall - MS

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

People only make us feel things if we allow them too.....you are in control. If you loved these people, maybe the things they say would hurt you....but you dont love them, right? So, let they petty pathetic gossip go on, it wont effect you, unless you let it. You are in control. Live your life and let it go.x

• Quendi
    Quendi

Pam's girl is absolutely right and you would do well to follow her wise advice. I will add this comment. When I was a small boy, I remember coming home from school crying. When my mother asked me what was wrong I told her that the other kids at school were talking about me in a bad way and were calling me nasty names behind my back. I will never forget my mother's answer to this. "Child, they talked about Jesus and called him nasty names too! You're not the first person this has happened to, and you won't be the last. Just ignore them like Jesus did." I did as she told me and was all the happier afterwards.

If you really mean to continue your fade, then you have to accept the fact that other people will gossip. That is inevitable, but since you plan to cut off all association with them eventually, why should you care what they think and say? If, on the other hand, you really value their opinion, then you will have to reverse course and return to the organization. Make up your mind which it will be. And forget these ideas of vindicating yourself or making an effort to repair your reputation. What should be most important to you now is making progress and moving forward with your own life.

Quendi

• wasblind
    wasblind

I've been out awhile now, and whenever I see where a mag has been left in my door

I know that I was part of their main topic that day, do I care?............. HELLLLLLLLL NO.

• ocd
    ocd

I like you already Dario! I'm thinking in time you won't care so much about their gossip. There's gossip everywhere, but I have found it is harder to bare coming from people who calm they "follow Jesus' example" and have the superior attitude that many jw's have.....just sayin. Hoping you all the best in the rest of your BETTER life!!!

• designs
    designs

I left..........

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

WOBBLE:

Bully for you. How appalling the smug arrogance of this person to say "we don't take each other to court". Oh, no? This is precisely why this religion is so corrupt and full of people who will do absolutely anything, whether it be harmful gossip, defrauding, child molestation, etc. They are banking on people's silence and spiritual/emotional blackmail about 'bringing reproach, etc.' Never mind. I would take them to court so fast their heads would spin!

This is why back when I was still a 'believer' I agonized how I was going to make a go of it without being damaged by these people. Anything can and will happen. Just add the facts there are no boundaries with the way they behave, everybody is in everybody else's business, people imagining they can do and be forgiven for anything, and you have the recipe for a disaster.

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

when i first left i thought about the gossip, but once i discovered that its a cult, i stopped caring, and felt pity on them. they are victims, stuck in a cult that is destroying their lives and families. i pity them, and do not care what they think of me, they have zero effect on my life and are part of the past.

• FifthOfNovember
    FifthOfNovember

I personally love hearing what they have to say about me. It always makes me laugh.

• dgp
    dgp

Bookmarked.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit