Finally out!

by fade_away 21 Replies latest jw friends

• wasblind
    wasblind

We see what you mean Fade,

JW's act like children, if you don't think like them, you can't play with them

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

Welcome fade_away. Being a born-in myself I totally understand were you are coming from. I know those in the outside world don't completely understand. But that's OK as time goes on give a little imformation at a time and they will finally get it. You are lucky being young like you are and seeing the light. Looking forward to reading your comments in the future. Totally ADD

PS It will be hard with your parents but don't give in. In the long run you will be helping them even if they don't see it that way now.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Welcome enjoy the freedom!

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

FADE AWAY: You both sound young and that is a good thing. At least you have the rest of your life ahead of you as free people. I am glad you see the religion for what it is. The friendships are certainly conditional and you cannot let your guard down. Worldly people aren't necessarily a bargain and you should choose them carefully, but at least there aren't the mind-games like in the religion. Good luck on your journey out of the religion. They must be horrified at how many people are leaving their 'happy' little club.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Welcome. It's good to hear that you and your wife are on the same page. You are adults and have the right and obligation to live the way you want. While your parents may be heartbroken to learn of your inactivity with the Watchtower, remember that they are under mind control. Unless you want to live the same life, you'll have to stand up to them at some point, even if it is to firmly say, "I don't want to talk about it".

• will_the_apostate
    will_the_apostate

welcome fade_away, your very fortunate that your wife was of like mind too. i'm happy for both of you

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Congratulations on being a fade away. It's tough, but many have had to tell parents something about their inactivity.

• 3Mozzies
    3Mozzies

Welcome fade_away

When one of my relatives found out I had left for good, she told me that she cried & cried every night. It's so sad that they have been brainwashed to the point that when they find out that you don't believe in their fairy tales anymore they just break down and die inside. Sorry but my life is just that, my life. She is handling it much better now. Time helps, stay strong. Enjoy the real life now :)

3Mozzies

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

Welcome, great to have you here.

• sizemik
    sizemik

A hearty welcome fade_away . . . . and congratulations on "seeing the light" . . . you and your wife.

As you've aleady concluded, this is a good place and you will enjoy your time here . . . it's a great aid in your "healing"

You will require some help from time to time in dealing with what lies ahead . . . be sure to post your questions as the need arises . . . there are plenty here who have had similar experience who can warn you of the pitfalls as well as offer sound advice . . . don't be afraid to ask.

Luvonyall - MS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit