by PYRAMIDSCHEME 19 Replies latest watchtower bible

• PYRAMIDSCHEME
    PYRAMIDSCHEME

Does anyone know the last mention of 1874 in the Orgs publications? I am trying to pinpoint in their own literature when this was changed to 1914. I know the 1914 doctrine came into its "current understanding" around 1941, right?

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

I think it's watchtower Sep 15 1930 p.275

• Larsinger58
    Larsinger58

1874 is still a good BIBLICAL DATE for when "Michael stands up" (Dan. 12:1).

1874 marks the 120-year generation from 1874 to 1994.

1914 marks the 80-year generation from 1914-1994.

Per the Bible the 2nd coming would occur before the end of that "generation" of 1914-1994, and it did. It occurred on December 25, 1992!

So even though complete understanding of 1874 or 1914 is not known by the WTS, they are still critical touchstone dates in Bible prophecy.

Focussing on these dates was still beneficial.

• 3Mozzies
    3Mozzies

*** God's Kingdom Has Approached (ka) chap. 11 pp. 209-210 par. 55 ***

“Here Is the Bridegroom!”

In the year 1943 the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society published the book “The Truth Shall Make You Free.” In its chapter 11, entitled “The Count of Time,” it did away with the insertion of 100 years into the period of the Judges and went according to the oldest and most authentic reading of Acts 13:20, and accepted the spelled-out numbers of the Hebrew Scriptures. This moved forward the end of six thousand years of man’s existence into the decade of the 1970’s. Naturally this did away with the year 1874 C.E. as the date of return of the Lord Jesus Christ and the beginning of his invisible presence or parousia. The millennium that was to be marked by the detaining of Satan the Devil enchained in the abyss and by the reign of the 144,000 joint heirs with Christ in heavenly glory was therefore yet in the future. What, then, about the parousia (presence) of Christ? Page 324 of the above book positively says: “The King’s presence or parousia began in 1914.” Also, in the Watchtower issue of July 15, 1949 (page 215, paragraph 22), the statement is made: “ . . . Messiah, the Son of man, came into Kingdom power A.D. 1914 and . . . this constitutes his second coming and the beginning of his second parousía or presence.”

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

That is what that book says, 3Mozzies, and it is a quote I would show a Dub but, from memory, that is not really the first time.

I choose it because they are likely to have it on their bookshelf and because the later date gives them a fright. I have it on mine with a dogear at the page. The fact that it is incorrect is irrelevant if they spot it, because it is their book, not mine.

• Larsinger58
    Larsinger58

1874 remains a date for the second coming. In a way, when "Michael stands up" that is the technical beginning of his PAROUSIA. So it is still relevant. It marks of the 120-year generation of Noah that ends in 1994.

The Bible Students/JWs are the true "temple in its right condition" from 1886 to 1996. They are apostate NOW, but as the Bible said, "let the wheat and weeds grow together until the harvest" and then Christ would separate out the wheat from the weeds, the sheep from the goats. So that has been happening. The "little flock" of faithful anointed ones among JWs have been removed and brought to "other sheep not of this fold."

But don't fret too much. It appears that Jehovah intended for only the elect to be able to see everything clearly and would not put "new wine" into "old wineskins" so even some of the elect would not understand everything before Armageddon, let alone the masses or those in Christendom.

Jehovah's day is a day of darkness and gloom for the world. They will die in ignorance, only knowing that God is real and very angry with them.

• PYRAMIDSCHEME
    PYRAMIDSCHEME

Thanks. I guess what I mean is: when was the last time they mention 1874 when they still believed in it?

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

GA article on Esperanto 17 Jan 1923 page 235? Also p 251

• St George of England
    St George of England

Proclaimers book, P133 footnote explains about this.

It mentions the 'Truth shall set you free' (1943) and followed by more detail in 'The Kingdom is at Hand'

A few original quotes still using 1874:

WT July 15, 1943, Page 217

WT Dec 15, 1929, Page 376

George

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

WT Sept 15 1931, page 278.

Not explicit. Take a look at it anyway.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit