Just Tell Us In Plain English

by headisspinning 71 Replies latest jw friends

• Terry
    Terry

You are walking along a beach and find an envelope in the sand close to the water. You open it.

It is a letter of some kind but the words have been blurred.

Here and there something specific can be detailed.

It is possible for you to guess at the missing parts and fill in the vague areas from context.

But, when you tell IN YOUR OWN WORDS what the letter writer said, what happens next?

The answer you give will NEVER BE what the letter writer actually said.

No amount of interpretation or context matching will deliver that.

This is beyond question.

• DeathSentry
    DeathSentry

That was my plight as well; even to the point of depression. I would have vacation days and just sit inside because I couldn't figure it out. I mean I was so angry after praying and crying about it that i just gave up. So I don't pray anymore, not really, and I try not to think about it though at the same time, I stress about there must be something more to life than this. I wandered into new age for a bit, but there, everyone believes themselves to be gods once they are finished with the reincarnation cycle. I looked into Buddhism and similarly, the whole avatar thing just didn't synch with me.

So now after being exhausted about it all, I just give up. I will watch Charles Stanley from time to time until he starts talking about secular politics then I get disgusted with him too for awhile. Not sure why God is making this so hard but...

===================================================================================================================

I hear ya bruh. I feel this way sometimes too. I say to myself, "so God stopped speaking directly to the human race because the Israelites got scared and told Moses to speak on God's behalf for now on." So God stopped speaking directly to the human race from that point onward. He sent prophets, and other representatives in His behalf. Jesus came, and after His disciples died off, that was the end of any reasonable attempt at identifying chosen representatives. So here we are in 2011, and we have to put this puzzle together as to what truth is, and what falsity is. If we choose wrong, we either burn in hell according to some faiths, or we're going to be annihalated forever according to the WT. Not to mentioned the thousands of other groups who claim to be God's chosen ones. I don't think we can fault anyone who gets tired of all the guesswork. On one hand I'm glad to be exploring the various different theological thoughts since waking up from this stupor called being a born in JW. However, it at times gets tiresome reading all these different views. It wears me down to the point that I look at young people dancing half naked on MTV or what have you, and I envy them for not worrying about the same thing I worry about. It aint fair some days.

• tec
    tec

Designs, please don't think I'm ignoring you. I just don't know what else to say about these same things with you, when we've done it before. You helped me get a clearer picture of Jewish belief, and I thank you for that. I just don't find that you are willing to look beyond what you are comfortable with, even when some of the things you say have been shown otherwise to you, according to other Jewish scholars or beliefs.

I do wish you both peace and love,

Tammy

• LV101
    LV101

tec: THANK YOU SO MUCH. WOW --- i keep thinking i'm failing miserably at loving my enemies like Jesus commands us to do when i don't choose to go around them unless i absolutely have to. i keep thinking i should be able to handle the situation and ignore and just love love love them --- and i really make an effort to do this when i have to show up because of others in equasion but saying no when at all possible. i read some posts and think with enough love --- this shouldn't be a problem but your answer balances me out.

again, appreciate.

• tec
    tec

LV101 - I'm so glad I could help you find some balance. I hope that you go to Christ and ask him to help you understand. He's the one with the answers; he's the Truth :) I'm the same as you: doing my best to understand and to live according to the love He taught us.

Love and peace to you,

Tammy

• LV101
    LV101

Tammy - Thank you, again. You are really a critical poster for Christ on this board, and i admire your tenacity. Don't tire out --- you're in demand.

• Terry
    Terry

Tammy - Thank you, again. You are really a critical poster for Christ on this board, and i admire your tenacity. Don't tire out --- you're in demand.

Oh Great! You're encouraging her. All my hard work down the drain..........nyah ha ha ha....curses!

• LV101
    LV101

Terry --- DUDE, YOU ARE BAD (but a good bad) and i enjoy your posts/opinions.

• tec
    tec

LOL @ the both of you :)

Tammy

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit