How do Smart people create so much STUPID??

by Terry 20 Replies latest jw friends

• designs
    designs

'When I look back on all the crap I learned in High School' Paul Simon, Kodachrome

Don't feel badly, it just takes time.....

• kimbo
    kimbo

I could never join a cult

I am too smart for that

• Igot2bme
    Igot2bme

I remember saying that.....

• smiddy
    smiddy

I don`t consider myself smart,but I sure as hell ain`t stupid,

I`ve been married 50 yrs (happily) and if the situation arose I would never marry again,and that`s not because of any loyalty or dis-loyalty to my wife ,I just would never marry again.

And secondly I would never, ever, get involved with any religion again

smiddy

• Terry
    Terry

I don`t consider myself smart,but I sure as hell ain`t stupid,

I`ve been married 50 yrs (happily) and if the situation arose I would never marry again,and that`s not because of any loyalty or dis-loyalty to my wife ,I just would never marry again.

And secondly I would never, ever, get involved with any religion again

smiddy

Good on you, smiddy. I am convinced more and more I am just innately stupid. There is a program running in my brain computer that has some

bad code going on. I can't get ahold of it. So, more stupid spills out! Sigh....

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    Looking back on my life I just have to wonder: WHAT WAS I THINKING?!
    How did I get involved with a religious cult in the first place???
    I am embarassed, frankly!
    But, that doesn't get me anywhere.

I think that's the core of why I started going to therapy and why I feel the need to visit JWN too often.

• Terry
    Terry

It is rather like going through some sort of life changing disaster. You need de-briefing.

JW discussion is de-briefing writ large.

But, something mildly pathological seems to be at work.

There is some sort of ongoing compulsion.

We can't seem to let go of the subject, can we?

• donny
    donny

Great post Terry. It reminds me of a quote that former JW and author David Reed once said to himself after leaving the organization. "I get up every morning and examine the hole in my head where my brains leaked out."

Human beings are a strange lot. Often as soon as we discover the fantasy we signed up for to be false, we run out to look for a replacement one without really thinking about it.

• willyloman
    willyloman

This explains a lot and bears repeating:

It's no wonder it can take years or decades to undo the brainwashing and thought control perpetrated by such a non-stop torrent of mental, emotional, and spiritual garbage. Many "strongly entrenched things" (2Cor 10:4) need to be overturned and that can be a long and arduous process.

• blondie
    blondie

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein

(I have this on my board at work)

I took me three times leaving and being active and returning to finally leave and not return.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit