'When we have such a large and loving organization, why should we have fellowship with the world?'

by Joliette 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

Why? Because when I was homeless, the only ones who would take me in were in the world. The only ones who have ever given me REAL help when I needed it were in the world. The only ones who don't give a DAMN about my personal beliefs when it comes to god are in the world. The ones who don't judge me based on whether or not I'm knocking on people's doors and littering their homes with useless magazines, or whether I abstain from sex before marriage, or whether I choose to smoke or get drunk, or what music I choose to listen to, what books I choose to read, what movies I choose to watch. They are the ones who don't reject me for HAVING A CHOICE and deciding how I want to live my life. Most JW's only profess to love you because they are commanded to. It's not real love, though. It's conditional. Oh, sure they'll say they still love you if you've left and they wish you'd come back... but when you do, you're treated like a leper and the stigma never really goes away. It's like that pink elephant in the room. You know it's there, but no one really wants to talk about it. And you can't tell me that everyone loves everyone else. It isn't possible. Personalities clash, you have cliques, you have snobs, etc. I remember thinking many times "Oh my god, if I gotta live forever with so-and-so, I don't know how I'm gonna do it...I can't STAND them!" I know I'm not the only one.

There is a much better variety of personalities and displays of love outside of the Borg. I've experienced REAL friendship and REAL love. Granted, there are some bad people out there, but not as many as the organization would have had us think. I've found the vast majority of people to be kind.

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

All of you are right on the money with these comments. The "unity" they speak of is mostly fictional.

If you are wealthy, attractive, married to or personally appointed then yes, you really do get to enjoy the "unity" spoken of by the WTBS. However, if you are low-income, considered unattractive, and just a regular R&F magazine-pusher, or if you perhaps suffer from some forms of emotional/psychological disturbances, then you are pretty much a NOBODY and they let you know it. It's kind of like high school. Sad.

I've known people who are ZEALOUS JWs, put in like 60 hours a month, comment, at EVERY meeting and do everything they are supposed to and just because of social circumstances in their lives that are completely out of their control, they get treated like peasants. But on the other hand, I also know of fringe-JWs (low hour, rarely attend, questionable life-style, etc.) who get invited to everything and treated like royalty simply because they are wealthy or have some other "in".

Just because you constantly print something in your magazines doesn't make it true.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

JOLIETTE:

Mat's post and cartoons are very appropriate. This organization is hardly loving. If anything I would have to say the opposite in many cases. They are petty, jealous and gossiping to the point of viciousness. The only love, if it exists, is among extended families. If you are not in this category you are simply not loved. While there may be one or two people who you mutually have affection for, in general the 'love' is absent. There are just fake smiles and people who treat you like a hologram on the wall. I have to laugh at how people who never spoke to or bothered with me, asked about me when I 'faded'. How bizarre.

I think the religion promotes the false idea of how 'loving' they are as a sort of propaganda to force people to rise to the occasion, maybe.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I guess this fits the dubs expectations for an "apostate" site....venting our anger about them without what they would call proof. But, You know what?

It is based on hard experience, not the idealised propaganda of the Watchtower magazines. It is written by people who have nothing to gain from telling it like it is, just a desire to share their experience..

Of course there are some very good people still within it . Individually most of them are O K , even if some are a little weird, that is caused by the shallow lives they lead and lack of exposure to real information. The trouble is that they are manipulated by the unseen hand of the cult master whom they allow to shape their thinking in the mistaken belief that he speaks for God.

The Org may be full of diverse and interesting people but each dub lives in one little cong, often in a small town and has little chance to get to know others outside of the small fellowship of his own cong. It is often dominated by 2 or 3 hierarchical families who rule the roost

My experience, trying to be objective here, is that most of them are profoundly frustrated with their fellow Witnesses . They do believe that it is a loving organization, but that their congregation is the exception . They believe that it will be put right one day.............

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit