Why does God permit suffering? Don't let others answer this question for you

by sabastious 35 Replies latest jw friends

• watson
    watson

The Truth taught me that the reason Jehovah allows suffering and evil is that his reputation was damaged when his heavenly sons rebelled. So if enough humans can "hold on" through the generations, faithful to Jehovah's ways*, then Jehovah's reputation will be repaired. It will be like it never happened!!

This has always been enough for me.

*See Watchtower for this important information.

• strymeckirules
    strymeckirules

@strymeckirules
    the test is - will a human do what's right in any given situation.

So wickedness exists to test humans. Does that mean that the little girl who's kidnapped, raped and murdered is being tested? Or what about the little boy who is starving and dying of disease? Is he being tested? It just doesn't make sense.

you need to expand your reasoning ability.

for your first example, the little girl's problems are a result of the kidnappers failure to make correct decisions leading to the rape and murder. the girl is a innocient victim. she never chose her ending. it was chosen for her.

and the second example of the little boy starving and diseased, is it his fault or is it his parents fault for bringing in a child they are not able to care for? or the leaders of that country for not supplying food and medical aid. it's not the boy's test. it's everyone around that boys test to help him. or they could choose to turn a blind eye.

will a human do what's right without screwing over another human? the golden rule.

• teela(2)
    teela(2)

I am sorry I don't understand. Why would a fictional character be responsible for suffering?

• tec
    tec
    Why isn't God an educator?

Oh, I think He is. We do still have to choose to listen.

I think what we might hear from Him sometimes is just so crowded out by what others teach - how we should act, what we should think, what is proper, how we should appear to others, etc.

(If you prefer to think what we might hear from 'love and selfishness, mercy or compassion', then I think you will still understood what I am trying to say.)

Tammy

Tammy

• streets76
    streets76

to me a world without suffering would be a world without love

Yeah, I feel the love when I see a child with birth defects; when I see a vibrant contributing member of society get cancer; etc., etc.

Randy Newman hit the nail on the head: "Nobody gives a shit except Jackson Browne, Jackson Browne, Jackson Browne."

• wyorobert
    wyorobert

strymeckirules,

I must admit, I enjoyed the way you managed to follow your condescension with an illogical scenario that could easily be expanded to anything. You have an interesting view of the universe and if I use your logic, I'm sure I can find a reason why children are responsible for all bad things happen in the world. Perhaps, before you start being condescending towards others, you should review your own logic.

you need to expand your reasoning ability.

for your first example, the little girl's problems are a result of the kidnappers failure to make correct decisions leading to the rape and murder. the girl is a innocient victim. she never chose her ending. it was chosen for her.

and the second example of the little boy starving and diseased, is it his fault or is it his parents fault for bringing in a child they are not able to care for? or the leaders of that country for not supplying food and medical aid. it's not the boy's test. it's everyone around that boys test to help him. or they could choose to turn a blind eye.

will a human do what's right without screwing over another human? the golden rule

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit