Is anyone here doing April's 30 hour Auxillary Pioneer Special ?

by RubaDub 24 Replies latest jw friends

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I know there are many active JW's here and was just wondering if anyone is going to take advantage of April's special of only 30 hours for the month.

I actually might, just to irk some of the elders that can't figure me out in their minds.

It would involve 2 long days ... that's it. Even I can go out in FS in the morning with the group and hang out at bus stops and train stations the rest of the day.

I am really tempted.

Rub a Dub

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

I almost gave into it and started to sign up especially after we recieved a letter from our current CO who tried to subtly pressure all the Ministerial Servants and Elders to do it. After the COBOE read the letter, I went into the bathroom, and I'm standing at the urinal when the Service Overseer came in, and he goes, "Well Misery are you going to sign up?" I replied, "yes I am, this is a wonderful oppurtunity. I'm looking foward to it." The more I thought about it, absolutely not, I aint signing up for jack. We accomplish exactly zilch in field service, why would I want to double my time and accomplish double zilch?

• paladin
    paladin

I was asked by an elder if I was considering the 30 hours because my wife had signed up, but I refused. I might have to hand out memorial invitations this year to keep the elders happy. It's all about the numbers.

• man in black
    man in black

I get the shivers just listening to your experiences here, yikes !

• TimothyT
    TimothyT

Hehe... Im doing it! I was the first one in the cong to hand my form in! What a kiss ass! HAHA!!!

The main reason why im doing it is because we have the CO visit in April and i want to see what they chat about!

Also i average about 30 hours every month anyway so its no problem.

It sounds odd but the main reason i go on the ministry now is to teach people the REAL TRUTH about Jesus and the bible!

Im sick of brothers using all this faithful slave bull shi*! JESUS IS IN CHARGE!

Today i went out with a King James Bible! One sister wasnt impressed! OPEN YOUR MIND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haha! Anyway... im looking forward to it! :)

Tim x

• designs
    designs

I think Moshe gets way more than that in.

• pirata
    pirata

The main reason why im doing it is because we have the CO visit in April and i want to see what they chat about!

I went once and the talk was something like "Can you regular pioneer?"

I am also auxiliary pioneering. Almost everyone in my hall is and it will help me keep off the radar of suspicious slackers.

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

I have a question, can't you just lie on your form and put 30 hours? Or will they question you about it?

• freddo
    freddo

You can fake it. Here's how.

Ask your field service overseer for your own map because you want to work your lunch hour, after work, whatever. Likely he'll say no but you can probably get a handful of not home sheets or something.

Tell everyone you will work your lunch hours from your office with tracts. Sit with a tract on your desk or in your car window while you snore and listen to the radio.

Choose a mid-week session a couple of times when the pioneers are out and do about 2 hours with them and then "go on calls".

Meet with your group on a Saturday/Sunday and of course you started early didn't you when you worked the mall (hid behind a newspaper on a park bench/ railway station) ?

Show your ugly mug about 5 times during the month for about an hour a time and make up the rest! Simples as we say in the UK!

You'll be a MS soon if you're not careful!

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

faking time is one of the easiest things you can do, i bet they dont even care, as long as the numbers look good when the CO comes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit