Sitting on the fence

by INDYpendent 23 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
  • troubledfiancee
    troubledfiancee

INDY,

I have read about and heard of many stories like your own. What you are experiencing now, is what I am trying to prevent for myself in the future.

I have never been one of Jehovah's Witnesses, but I'm very familar with the organization and have done a lot of research (both Watchtower literature and other sources). The way I understand it, since I've never been in, I'm not an apostate. So if you'd like to talk or want any help with resources, please let me know I'd be glad to do anything I can.

I think what people have said on here is right, at least you know now... And you know what is right.

Send me a PM if you'd like to talk.

• INDYpendent
    INDYpendent

Thanks to everyone for the advise.

I began a casual discussion with my wife this weekend about what she thought about the meaning of Luke 21:8 "He said: “Look out that YOU are not misled; for many will come on the basis of my name, saying, ‘I am he,’ and, ‘The due time has approached.’ Do not go after them".

It did not end well. My wife has been "drinking the kool-aid" her entire life and she will take the company line every time. As soon as I read the scripture, she asked if I was becoming apostate. When I re-asked about the meaning of the scripture, and she refused to answer. I'll spare everyone the unnecessary details of a long and unfruitfull conversation, but it ended with her saying "I don't care what you do or what you think, but don't ever try to get me to change what I believe; it will never happen.".

I'll keep throwing little "digs" in when I can, but this past weekend set the template of how not to approach the topic with her. To add to the religious tension in the household, we have the Circuit Assy this coming weekend; I can hardly wait.

INDYpendent

• kimbo
    kimbo

sit on fence

not for ever only till you die

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit