Any Ex-JW's in The Dallas, TX DFW area?

by troubledfiancee 36 Replies latest jw friends

• troubledfiancee
    troubledfiancee

Thanks again for the responses. I have read Hassan's books and in fact I've spoken to him about this situation. He recomends having him (him only) do what he's now calling an intervention... To the tune of somewhere near $20,000. I know I've done some damage to her and to our relationship by attacking the watchtower, but I know that a big part of her wants to really figure it out, but I may not be the person that can take her there.

• troubledfiancee
    troubledfiancee

Let me add one more thing... I would glady spend the $20k (I'm not sure where it would come from) if I KNEW it would work. I still may, I still may go with Hassan, he seems to be the best counselor in the world for this kind of stuff. One of my major concerns is that she trusts me now, will snapping her out of it, to the tune of $20k ruin that trust? It might, start our lives together $20k in the hole becuase her parents decided to raise her JW? I love her no doubt and I have heard from others just to walk away... Unfortuanly, I can't do that - I know that I may seriously regret it one day, but I don't want to give up on her. Thanks everyone.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    He recomends having him (him only) do what he's now calling an intervention... To the tune of somewhere near $20,000.

The skeptical side of me would say that is a vast amount of money for something which very likely may not work.

If it did, by chance, work - and you did marry her - you would have needed that money to buy a house and start a marriage.

If it did not work, you are in debt for the 20K, and have not accomplished anything other than breaking up with her - which you could have done for free.

Let's get together for lunch next weekend and have a talk about this first.

• Terry
    Terry

I live in Fort Worth.

I've attended a few Apostafests in Dallas. Always at hemplover's house.

I've met some extraordinarily NORMAL people there. (Why should that surprise me?)

It is, frankly, simply amazing how absolutely NORMAL Ex-JW's are!

An undercover agent from the GB would get a dizzy spell!

• james_woods
    james_woods

Why don't you send me a PM, Terry? Maybe the three of us could get together...

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

Hi, Troubled. My wife and I live less than 200 miles away and I will be in DFW for a conference a couple of days next week. I might have Monday evening available to talk. Let's discuss via email. I'll send you one shortly.

Hold onto your money. Most of us would rather try to help out of a desire to see a couple succeed (and your fiancee to escape mentally) than for profit.

By the way, you're welcome to read my mini-bio. I spent four years going round and round with my JW wife but this was 7 years into a strong marriage. We survived and have a great relationship but it doesn't always work out that way. It will take patience and perseverence, to say the least.

• Quentin
    Quentin

I too live in the area and will help you anyway I can. There are enough of us in the area that any help you can get will be boundless. I'll PM my e-mail. I grew up in Ft. Worth and lived eleven years in Dallas. As you sound young to me some of us may know her parents, or the family. That could be a plus....

• troubledfiancee
    troubledfiancee

Thanks again to everyone who has responded. I believe in her, she's bright and intelligent and I know under the right circumstances she can at least see it for what it is. Like I said before, I think that I've damaged my ability to get through to her becuase of my attacks on the Watchtower, if I knew earlier what I know now, I would have done a lot of things differently.

Terry & James: I can make next weekend work if you guys can meet, please let me know what works for you.

SBC: I look forward to your email.

Quentin: Email Sent

Razziel: PM Sent

• james_woods
    james_woods
    Terry & James: I can make next weekend work if you guys can meet, please let me know what works for you.

I will email you on Monday to set a day and time for next weekend.

James

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

Email headed your way, TF.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit