Any Ex-JW's in The Dallas, TX DFW area?

by troubledfiancee 36 Replies latest jw friends

• troubledfiancee
    troubledfiancee

Hi Guys, I'm new to the forum.

I'm looking for anyone in the Dallas area that has left JW's for any reason and has since learned the real truth about The Watchtower and JW Doctrine. I've never been involved with JW myself, but my fiancee grew up as a JW and is having thoughts of going back. She means the world to me and I would like for her to get some perspective from the other side. I've studied hundreds of pages of Watchtower literature, read almost all of the recomended books and exposes, but throwing the false prophecies, twisted truths and hypocracies of the The Wacthtower in her face seem to just push her back.

If you're in the area and wouldn't mind potentially helping out, please email me at: [email protected]

Thanks so much in advance...

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

There are a greater concentration of ex-JW Texans on this board than anywhere else in the world. Many are in Dallas. I'm sure you will hear from some of them. Personally I am way way waaaay up north in Canada.

• james_woods
    james_woods

I'll try to get you an email in a few days. I may not be of much help in convincing anybody of anything - I have been out of the cult since 1979.

• chase
    chase

wassup. H-town.

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

I'm in Dallas, but I don't think I can be of much help. I don't have patience, lol

• Razziel
    Razziel

Sent you a PM.

• troubledfiancee
    troubledfiancee

Thanks for all of the responses so far... I guess I should add that if anyone knows of an "exit-counselor" in the area or even if someone has a lot of experience with this kind of thing I would certainly be willing to pay for their time.

• mouthy
    mouthy

if you call 1-800-WHY-1914 Marilyn will tell you where there is some there

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

You're better off reading Steven Hassan's books about dealing with the cult personality. If that doesn't work, and she decides to go back, she'll have to break up with you. Do yourself a favor, and let her go. Don't marry her until you're sure that she's free of the mind control.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    Thanks for all of the responses so far... I guess I should add that if anyone knows of an "exit-counselor" in the area or even if someone has a lot of experience with this kind of thing I would certainly be willing to pay for their time.

No problem. I would like to have lunch with you on some Saturday or Sunday, but will be out of town this weekend. You didn't say what part of Dallas you are in, but I am in North Dallas a little east of I35E and just north of the George Bush tollway. Will send you an email on Monday. It is my opinion that "exit counselors" have had very limited success with JWs - usually they do not understand the nature of JW mind control. JW people are very well brainwashed to ignore anybody who opposes the Watchtower.

You're better off reading Steven Hassan's books about dealing with the cult personality. If that doesn't work, and she decides to go back, she'll have to break up with you. Do yourself a favor, and let her go. Don't marry her until you're sure that she's free of the mind control.

I am sorry to say that I have to agree with JamieBowers in principle. The hardship of a mixed-religion marriage to a highly-controlled JW mate is very seldom sustainable, There are at least dozens, probably hundreds of such examples here. Putting the above honestly out front may seem harsh, but it can prevent a lot of pain to follow. Here's hoping that you can convince her that both of your lives will be better without this crazy cult.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit