Do you appreciate the sacrifices brothers made in 1927 so that we can preach on Sundays?

by miseryloveselders 24 Replies latest jw friends

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

The GB must realize that the jws really don't care about Sunday field service, it is their day off also. I remember the 2 out of 6 elders would show up twice in three months for Sunday field service. Definitely very little support from the cong I used to go to.

• Evidently Apostate
    Evidently Apostate

no, to me sunday service its just the same s**t different day.

• Stealth
    Stealth

4. If we use a portion of Sunday for the ministry, we wil still have time to get the rest that we need.

Statements made by people who;

1. Don't have to clean their house.

2. Don't have to prepare or cook meals.

3. Don't have to clean up the kitchen after meals.

4. Don't have to wash, dry, fold laundry.

5. Don't have to do any lawn care.

6. Don't have to give attention to children, or help with school assignments.

Just because they would not have anything else to do on Sundays but sit on their thumbs, doesn't mean that people in the real world do. Nice of them to let me know how much rest I need.

Out of touch morons!

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

Many were arrested in the United States for violating Sunday Sabbath laws,

Actually, I do appreciate their work and the work of all the others in striking down Blue Laws so that I may drink, buy alcohol, and shop on Sunday.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Many people are home from work on Sunday. They are usually more relaxed.

EVIDENTLY, no one at Borg headquarters knows about fantasy football.

• Listener
    Listener
    Many were arrested in the United States for violating Sunday Sabbath laws, disturbing the peace, and selling without a license.

They proudly admit to breaking the law, which wasn't at all necessary. They could have preached without 'selling' but that would not have served their own purposes at that time (as opposed to God's).

They way I see it is they were sacrificing themselves only for the society and in order to do this they broke God's law who directed them to pay ceaser's things to ceaser.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

If we have our meeting on Sunday, we are already dressed as we would be for the ministry

Not me. My witnessing clothes were more practical than my meeting clothes. Heels for the meetings, flatties for the field. Meeting clothes were usually made of better material and more formal than the clothes I wore witnessing. Witnessing clothes would need to be washed after being worn, whereas a meeting dress/outfit could be laundered after a few wears.

I LOTHED Sunday service. I never went out if I could avoid it.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

I hated Sundays. Only the strangest people would show up on that day. I still remember the time when no one showed up, and I could go home. I was soooo happy!

• JRK
    JRK

I try to golf on Sundays, it is a much more spiritual experience.

JK

• teel
    teel

Sunday FS meeting was always a deserted one. Even though at least half of the congregation was still around, chatting, usually only 2 people went in for the meeting: the conductor, and an old pioneer "sister". I was conducting once the Sunday FS meeting, it was a pleasant one-on-one chat with the pioneer... then I went straight home.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit