Mr. Falcon is going GALT!

by Mr. Falcon 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

Dudes and Dudettes I haven't laughed out loud on an apostate website this hard in weeks!

In case you haven't heard it, here's a perfect example of "strategic incompetence" set to music:

http://s98060354.onlinehome.us/BU/GM/REALLY_BAD_MICROPHONE_HANDLER.mp3

Rock on Mr Falcon, fly and be free...

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

That was gold, Ray. Gold!

I always found it hilarious when some new guy qualifies for microphone duty and on his first night he gets all washed up and spiffy looking. wears his finest suit and spends 30 minutes polishing his shoes. You'd think he's giving his first public talk. His face is beaming and he rushes all importantly up and down the aisle, making sure the microphone is delivered speedily and efficiently.

Well, by the 3rd or 4th time he does it, he realizes it's one of the lamest jobs you could do. And by the 5th or 6th time he's assigned to do it, he's already trying to get out of this "privilege". When you're Reaching Out TM you are on theocratic fire and nothing's gonna break-a your stride, but after a man gets appointed, you can watch his spirit crumble. Next thing you know, you've crawled inside a scotch bottle while listening to Tom Waits in the dark. Brutal.

• Star tiger
    Star tiger

Mr Falcon,

Thanks, buddy! I wished I done those graphics! They Rock.

Star Tiger

• sir82
    sir82
    What if MS's went "Galt" and just started doing their MS duties extremely poor, but still went out in service and did all the stuff to keep you qualified?

Umm....how would you tell the difference between that and what goes on now?

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits
    Umm....how would you tell the difference between that and what goes on now?

Also what would happen if God stopped poking his big, fat, omnipotent finger into every orifice of mankind? Oh, right.

• Phigment2
    Phigment2

In the real world strategic incompetence would work... but really, how incompetent can you be with such menial jobs? Shove a few sisters in the face with the mic? Accidentally slip a pioneer the secret elders book at the literature counter? Lock the bathroom doors from the inside? I personally would like to see Ciro's talk given over the sound system. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ba8TDlVsEsU

I think what six suggested is best. Letting yourself slide a bit in appearance is a big deal to the elders and one they deem worthy of loosing privelidges. I've talked to brothers who were just given crappier jobs like filling the toilet paper... only to freak out after a month and walk out the door. I don't know how many meetings you'd have to flub before a downgrade. :/ I give you guys who can fade so much credit. I couldn't! I couldn't handle ONE MORE counseling or scripture read to me as some token service to my person that really meant nothing to them. I really HATE the Watchtower and all it stands for. They seek to take every last piece of you before you go. If I knew what I knew today, I would have simply stopped going and told them they could call my lawyer who would be present at any judicial hearing!

• unshackled
    unshackled

Welcome to the forum Phigment. You are immediately my favorite poster for bumping this awesome thread. Totally missed it the first time.

I remember Mr. Falcon well. He is missed here since he left...having moved to Siberia, where there is no internet, to start his water noodle business. I think.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I miss Mr. Falcon, too.

• Phigment2
    Phigment2

Aww... :D He's around. ;) He asked for some more opinions. I'm here often, I just don't always post.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria
    I'm here often, I just don't always post
    What means this?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit