Assembly/Convention Accounting

by dontplaceliterature 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Alfred
    Alfred

My three sons...

Setting aside an amount for the "world-wide work" and paying for a plane ticket and adding it to the operating expenses of the assembly hall is legit???

In what country?

• lifeisgood
    lifeisgood

dontplaceliterature,

"In relation to other church's, they are quite modest."

You cannot be serious? Is the WTBTS still doing the assembly parking scam? Where the venue says that they don't have to charge for parking, but if they do charge for parking they have to split the receipts with the venue? And then the WTBTS runs the scam where they sell parking tickets at the Kingdom Hall and they tell the venue that parking was free?

I was living near Augusta Georgia when the convention center authority told the WTBTS that they could no longer use the convention center. I worked at the convention center part time on other venues and I know exactly why this was done. The WTBTS claimed to the convention center that parking was free, and then ran the scam where the JWs had to buy parking tickets at the Kingdom Hall. And the convention center management found out about this and asked the JWs running the assembly point black what was the deal on parking. And the JWs lied about it. I know the gentleman who was in charge of the convention center and he is a very nice person. The WTBTS claimed that this was religious persecution. I was at the convention center sometime after this and I talked to the convention center manager about this claim. He laughed. I wouldn't have laughed if someone said this about me and made up this lie because they were upset that I caught them in a scam.

Modest organizations do not run scams like this.

What got me the most about all of this is that all the WTBTS had to do in order to be in compliance with their contract with the Augusta Convention Center Authority was tell the brothers that they had to split the parking revenue with the Convention Center and that the ticket price was going to be a bit higher than normal. No one would have cared. This is what any honest person would do. The WTBTS has shown over and over again that they just cannot be honest if a dollar is involved.

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

I wonder how many district conventions have declared "deficits" before the 3rd day this year... that post-lunch announcement seems to have become the norm in recent years... I think the Watchtower Corporation took a page from a Pavlov dog-conditioning book in order to "condition" JWs to reach for their wallets after enjoying a meal... wouldn't surprise me...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit