Wasted day at Watchtower Headquarters.

by Philadelphia Ponos 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Philadelphia Ponos
    Philadelphia Ponos

I was under the impression that the Watchtower Headquarters in Brooklyn contained all the literature in every language. Well imagine my surprise when after traveling all the way to New York and burning about $50 on cab fare that the only book they had in the langauge I needed was a songbook. If literature in foreign languages are stored in Brooklyn, where else are they kept in the U.S?

• Sam Whiskey
    Sam Whiskey

In Kingdom Halls of different nationalities. Russian speaking congregations will have Russian books.

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

All their literature is written in a foreign language, IMHO.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

You should have phoned first.

Let your fingers do the walking.

• Never_Enough
    Never_Enough

I was also dissapointed by the bookroom at 25 Columbia heights - they had some hard-to-find litterature, but wasn't an impressive by any means.

Of course, I was 'still in' when I'd visited - just couldn't care less now.

EDITED TO ADD:
    Then again, EVERY DAY is a Wasted Day at Watchtower Headquarters!

• Alfred
    Alfred

I'm sure they have their private stash somewhere... probably in the safe behind Rutherford's old liquor cabinet...

• dontplaceliterature
    dontplaceliterature

I believe a lot of the foreign literature is printed in Great Britain, and has to be special ordered from there. Go to your local Kingdom Hall and request whatever it is you are looking for.

Some of the stuff I have says it was printed there.

• Honesty
    Honesty

I hope you were properly dressed for the ocassion and weren't

slumming around in blue jeans.

The cult has made it clear that proper attire is essential whenever you present

yourself before Jehover.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

You have to get "special" order through the KH. Now that is is donation basis they don't want it too easy to get the more expensive stuf

• garlic81

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit