There is no happy endings for Jehovahs witnesses

by Star tiger 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• Star tiger
    Star tiger

It's sad too say that all of us good people that believed in a happy ending through justice that God would protect us, is a false promise, it us mere humans that make our lives and however we chose to lives this is our lot, no mystic new order or paradise earth, we make our own destiny!!!

The Star Tiger

• factfinder
    factfinder

Yes, it is very sad to realize that the wonderful paradise earth ,with it's healing for us, resurrection of our dead loved ones and everlasting life and happiness all to come "very soon" is not going to come.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

There's a few with happy endings- those who leave find some measure of happiness. Those who leave and join others who have left find more happiness. Those who leave and have other family members leave before or after them find a huge measure of happiness.

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

Ending up in a deep depression over the WTS's broken promises of a "spiritual paradise" is a rather un happy ending as well. There are no real friendships on the inside. The so-called "brotherly love" in a JW congo is as phony as a three dollar bill. Is it any wonder we liken being among the BOrg to being in The Matrix? It's all a lie and it's depressing!

V665V665

• unshackled
    unshackled

I look back on JW life as thinking you were on a Magic Carpet Ride. You were on a one-way track to ultimate bliss. All things will be take care of. Then you wake up. BOOM! No magic carpet, no one-way track to perfection in paradise, just bullshit and lies. Swallowed that pill and still crapping it out....but what a relieving cleanse!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPxFu7taftE

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

There is no divine justice anywhere. But, at least in the world, you can do your own thing, using independent sources to decide what you need to do to make the journey toward mass human enslavement less of a hardship until you get there.

As a witless, you are told that, instead of mass human enslavement, there is going to be paradise on earth. And, instead of doing things to make the journey there more bearable, you are ordered to recruit others. You are supposed to look at, not actual reality, but what the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger puts out. They claim things are near, only to find another 20 years pass and nothing happens. People are thinking they are not going to get old, and so they never prepare. Many of those promised this in 1969 denied themselves an education for 1975, only to be destitute to this day. They were hoping that they would be in paradise in 1975, and they had to pio-sneer in order to get there.

At least now I am not getting false hope of a paradise. I simply watch what's going on in the world. I watch what Osama Obama does, bypassing Congress, to implement various laws that are going to cripple us--via the Internet. I watch what Bernanke does that is going to stoke hyperinflation--and use that as my warning (QE2 was my cut point to start buying silver). I watch the American Dental Association promising to lower the fluoride in the water from 1.0 ppm to 0.7--and use that as a point to invest in a fluoride filter because they are not going to lower it. I look at the EPA after Osama Obama used it to bypass Congress on Crap and Tax--and got a July date for regulating electricity and December (both 2011) for refineries. From this, I realize that I had better have plenty of NiMH batteries and chargers, and lots of lanterns, ready for regular blackouts in July 2011 and beyond, and widespread gas shortages in December 2011 and beyond. (And Osama Obama started hyperinflation, probably along with Treasury bond collapse-inspired hyperinflation, about the same time). And I can take practical steps to prepare so it will be merely a nuisance rather than a hardship when it happens.

Which is more than the witlesses do.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    we make our own destiny!!!!

To some degree. If we are lucky.

• Alfred
    Alfred

I agree with Star Tiger... At some point in our lives, I believe we all begin to realize that we are trully masters of our own destiny... JW or not, we all choose to be either happy or sad (luck has nothing to do with it)...

• mamalove
    mamalove

Yup, you said it! There is no golden ticket.

• moshe
    moshe

JWs have the mental ability to turn a wasted and pathetic life into the most important life-saving work there is- everyone but them, can see the "kick me" sign on their arse-

-

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit