Obama

by free2beme 13 Replies latest jw friends

• free2beme
    free2beme

"The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation."

Senator Barrack Obama

Correct me if I am wrong, but did Libya attack our nation???

• beksbks
    beksbks

Nope

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

I don't remember Iraq attacking our nation either.

• d
    d

I am normally a Obama supporter but bombing Libya is where I draw the line.

• AGuest
    AGuest

Neither did Afghanistan, dear PSon (peace to you!). We could say "we" were after Al-Qaeda due to the bombing of the WTC, but wasn't that some dudes from Saudi Arabia and Yemen (you know... "our" "allies")... dudes led by someone "we" trained to fight the Russians (who are our "friends", now) named Osama Bin Laden... who is also a Saudi... and reported to be hiding out in Pakistan, another one of "our"... you guessed it... "allies"?

I do find your comment interesting, though, dear F2BM (peace to you, as well!). My dear husband has been following the events in Libya (and Egypt before that) quite closely, so I have to listen to the news about it. Seems to ME that the "world"... and a buttload of U.S. folk... were having a problem because Obama WASN'T doing anything (or much) at all. Which I found... well, confusing. Apparently, some believe he was staying out of it because he really is a closet Muslim. My thoughts, however, were similar to what he initially expressed (until "they" pretty much forced him out of it - probably much like "they" forced Bush into it): it really wasn't a U.S. concern but a U.N. concern.

Appears the "little children" weren't happy with that position. But then, they're never happy with ANY position.

(NOTE: I recently saw a post-office interview with W on Oprah. Very interesting, that...).

Ennyway... just my $0.02.

Peace to you both!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

O-Bomb-a.....Libya

http://dummidumbwit.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/b-2-spirit-stealth-bomber-dropping-mk-82-bombs31.jpg

.................. ...OUTLAW

• itsbeenalongtime
    itsbeenalongtime

The CO that we have right now said that he belives that he will be the Prez. that will cause the ban on world wide religion and the End will come before he is done with this next term....lol

• free2beme
    free2beme

To those who mentioned Itaq or Afganistan. I have to point out something, this comment by Obama was said to judge and campaign against George Bush for doing what you point out in those two countries. Yet, what has he done with Libya. Could it be he is full of shit? Yes, could be. As the fact of the matter is this. It is very easy to be a blow hard politician and judge the President, when you do not have to make those choices yourself. Yes, full of shit Obama. I will add, I am not a Bush supporter, just like to show that politicians are the same.

• villabolo
    villabolo

Free2beme: "Correct me if I am wrong, but did Libya attack our nation???"

I believe the reason the president bypassed congress is because he knew that the Republicans, who are in control, would take a contrarian approach just to defy him. If that is so, more power to him.

If it were me, in Obama's place, I would have thought out a counterattack on Republicans before even revealing my intentions. What I would have done is to have given Congress a chance to vote on it. As soon as Repugnicants voted it down, I would have made a televised nationwide speech excoriating them. I would have even read out a list of all who voted against the no fly zone. Then I would have told the nationwide audience that I was going to bypass Congress and actually state, in these very words, that "If Republicans don't like it, they could go f*ck themselves". Immediately after saying that, I would have made a formal declaration of war against Libya.

The only way to deal with those moral degenerates is to smash their teeth in first and then smash in their skulls. They think they have the power of inflicting death on whomever they wish for material gain and ignoring the lives of those who have nothng material to offer them.

We have to realize that this issue transcends Libya. It is a matter dealing with the tyrants in our midst. It is them who have to be taken out first.

A brutal death to all political psychopaths.

Villabolo

• Iron Head
    Iron Head

I believe the reason the president bypassed congress is because he knew that the Republicans, who are in control, would take a contrarian approach just to defy him. If that is so, more power to him.

If it were me, in Obama's place, I would have thought out a counterattack on Republicans before even revealing my intentions. What I would have done is to have given Congress a chance to vote on it. As soon as Repugnicants voted it down, I would have made a televised nationwide speech excoriating them. I would have even read out a list of all who voted against the no fly zone. Then I would have told the nationwide audience that I was going to bypass Congress and actually state, in these very words, that "If Republicans don't like it, they could go f*ck themselves". Immediately after saying that, I would have made a formal declaration of war against Libya.

The only way to deal with those moral degenerates is to smash their teeth in first and then smash in their skulls. They think they have the power of inflicting death on whomever they wish for material gain and ignoring the lives of those who have nothng material to offer them.

We have to realize that this issue transcends Libya. It is a matter dealing with the tyrants in our midst. It is them who have to be taken out first.

A brutal death to all political psychopaths.

Villabolo

How can you look in the mirror and not laugh? Seriously

I've asked this before. Still waiting for a legitimate answer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit